Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cheap Superbird

Luddite

Status
    Thanks Received
    Thanks Given

Re: Cheap Superbird

[quote="moparstuart"

you forgot to add the 440 6bbl convertibles with a viper six speed manual transmission[/quote]

I think the list only includes transmissions that are actuually INSTALLED in the car...not laying on the garage floor 'cause the owner is too busy hitting flea markets and rummage sales looking for old pots and pans for a certian ratty rod....
    Dave

"who owns this car, with the peace sign,mag wheels and four on the floor?"

Status
    Thanks Received
    Thanks Given

its in only two bolts buts its in
    Speedway Auto recycling
    12583 outer rd.
    Odessa Mo 64076 816-230-4587
    MOPAR OR NO CAR

Luddite

Status
    Thanks Received
    Thanks Given

Dave

"who owns this car, with the peace sign,mag wheels and four on the floor?"

Status
    Thanks Received
    Thanks Given

Quote Originally Posted by ACME A12
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadcuda
    If I could afford it I'd be interested in having one with a 4 bbl just to have something different! I don't see many with a 4 bbl so would that make it more valuable, or would it be less then a 6 pak 440 would be.

Easily less rare and therefore less valuable. According to the Aero Warriors website, 1,162 cars were produced with the 440 4-bbl, 665 had the 440 6-bbl, and 93 got the 426 Hemi.
    Thanks for that breakdown Ray. As I said, I don't see that many 4 bbl Superbirds for sale. It seems that most of what's out there are the 6 pac or Hemi cars. And that is why I'd go for the 4 bbl version, just because you don't see that many around.[/quote]

I don't think you read that correctly...

1,162 - 4bbl
    665 - 6bbl
    93 - 426

1,920 - total. Twice as many 4bbl cars as 6bbl cars...and 11 times as many Hemi cars... In relative terms the 4bbl cars are plentiful...[/quote]

I did read it correctly Ray. What I should have said was that when I do look at the ads I don't see that many wing cars with the 4 bbls for sale as compared to the other options. Just curious, and I realize there may not be an answer to this question, but do we know what the breakdown of the surviving cars are as far as the 4, or 6 bbl 440 cars, or Hemi cars?

Status
    Thanks Received
    Thanks Given

Walen Smithers assured me it's a 100 point perfect 440 hemi 4 barrel six pack poly car with the proper documentation stating that George Jetson designed and drove the car exactly 30 feet before engaging the hyper drive and thus wearing out the flux capacitor and rendering the musclecar obsolete in Wascar and once Bill Italy got wind of the antics going at BASA where the was built under close scrutiny from non other than Ray Lemo you know from the Evening show so this car is arriving by land from Engrand in a Believable trucking transporter for the sum of one dollar because I am a rich Saudi oil baron and that Nigerian prince is my pall see and now that Ray threw in his ten grand I got a discount on the car and it only cost me 9 grand

Status
    Thanks Received
    Thanks Given

Quote Originally Posted by moparchris
    Walen Smithers assured me it's a 100 point perfect 440 hemi 4 barrel six pack poly car with the proper documentation stating that George Jetson designed and drove the car exactly 30 feet before engaging the hyper drive and thus wearing out the flux capacitor and rendering the musclecar obsolete in Wascar and once Bill Italy got wind of the antics going at BASA where the was built under close scrutiny from non other than Ray Lemo you know from the Evening show so this car is arriving by land from Engrand in a Believable trucking transporter for the sum of one dollar because I am a rich Saudi oil baron and that Nigerian prince is my pall see and now that Ray threw in his ten grand I got a discount on the car and it only cost me 9 grand
    Have you taken a breath yet!?!?!?!?

Status
    Thanks Received
    Thanks Given

blabber fingers
    Speedway Auto recycling
    12583 outer rd.
    Odessa Mo 64076 816-230-4587
    MOPAR OR NO CAR

Status
    Thanks Received
    Thanks Given

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcuda
    Quote Originally Posted by moparchris
    Have you taken a breath yet!?!?!?!?
    Yes, occasionally.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123