• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 harness doesn't turn on front running lights when headlights are on

Rocket

Reaction score
I used a 68 wiring harness on my 69 and most of it is the same. I ran into some issues with the reverse lights and now the from running lights. When I turn the headlights on the front running lights turn off. I also noticed wire "Z" in the harness was attached to the 68 panel switch at the bottom. "Z" in a 69 is used for the interior reverse light switch so I took it out of the panel switch and it works great.

This is really to document my findings - http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=6645127 - this post explains it as well.

The yellow tracer on the headlamp switch should be moved to where the green tracer was on the panel switch (harness "Z") I'm going to solder it now.

Hopefully this helps the next guy switching harnesses.

It worked perfectly.

Thanks!

John

Last edited:

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Oh you're boned, lol no not really j/k the 69 has the 3 prong NSS to the starter relay and all power to lights goes through the turn signal switch, get a 68 wiring diagram and start there.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah the '68s were designed to shut the parking lights off when the headlights came on.

Back