• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Decor Package Question

dobie

Reaction score
So this came up today. My '68 is a hardtop, which includes the decor package as standard equip. The interior is coded H4F, which is a green interior. The inside doors have been painted over years ago. On the upper door part, above the door panel, what color should that be? My uncle says black, as that's part of the decor package. Not that im questioning him, but I always figured it'd be green, along with the rest of the interior.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
dosent it say on the fender tag?could be wrong . just make it black with the rest of the interior.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Green.

The 68 Satellite I had years ago was a hardtop with green interior. It had green upper door panels.

dobie

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
dosent it say on the fender tag?could be wrong . just make it black with the rest of the interior.
The fender tag is what says H4F. The interior is green.

dobie

Reaction score
Big John said:
Green.

The 68 Satellite I had years ago was a hardtop with green interior. It had green upper door panels.
Ok. Any difference between the Satellite and Road Runner? Reason I ask is because my uncle says the same for a Satellite, but the RR's should be black.

??

droptop

Reaction score
My '69 RR from back in the day had green on the doors with the 2 tone green interior, and the decor package. The fender tag read F3 F3. :cents:

dobie

Reaction score
Hmm. Ok. Thanks guys. My painter guy is on the track of black now. Not quite sure what I'll do.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this link might be of help

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/ima ... 968/52.jpg

I'm not sure but I think the bolster is what you are trying to paint?
and it shows a few different colors linked to the interior code.
I do know on the 69's the metal color is linked to the color of the dash except with black and white interiors then the metal part is white.

A31PKG

Reaction score
At the end of the "TRM" row, you will find "UBS". The letter under the "U" is the code for the upper door frame color. The "B" is for buffed paint which is only used for Silver. The "S" is the stripe designator. The code you provided under "TRM" is: Under the "T" is "H" for high trim grade. Under "R" is "4" for split bench seats. Under "M" is "G" for green interior color. What are the letters under "UBS"??

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'd say green. a buddy's '68 Coronet 440 had the green interior, and the metal above the dor panels was green.

Back