• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Front Grill Restoration

Stormsoccer1

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a place that does a nice job restoring the front grill on my 68 RR? Thanks!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well go to harbor freight and get the polishing compound they have buffing wheel's to fit drill's but I like the right angle air mini grinder. It has a chuck you can fit a lot of thing's into. Some one says they are aluminum but thought they where stainless steel. Either way you can do as good a job as a shop on the week end. Their was just some one on here with the one he did. A body shop is going to charge like crazy to do it. Just my thought's I like to do thing's my self. If I can. Good luck and sure someone else will give you some good advice also. :thumbsup2:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MCB Restoration in Capac, MI did my '69 grill. Stripped it and redid the Brite Dip. Turned out great. I'm sure that they could handle a '68 equally well. Contact info:

Matt Bollaert
mcb@mcbrestorations.com
(810) 395-7162

Back