• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 plymouth roadrunner

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Check Rockauto. I got both L and R nuts from them so they have the studs as well.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I got all right from summit racing. If you take you car to someone that dose not know this they will most likely mess them up. Just a suggestion.

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
I got all right from summit racing. If you take you car to someone that dose not know this they will most likely mess them up. Just a suggestion.
Yeah my Grandpa had a "knucklehead" make the mistake of impacting the wrong way while working on his Charger... original is not always best, so I'm going with regular wheel lugs since they are readily available and are not goofy. My thought is that no one will ever come up to you and put your car down for something as small as wheel lugs, especially when you cannot see them...

Rich B

Reaction score
62EFEEC5-BFF8-42FB-BC3A-BBD2D3378A0E.jpeg Actually will keep tire from falling off if nuts aren’t tight. One side spins on tight with rotation other side not so much. Chrysler’s only one that did this I know of? Made a lug nut holder 50 years back to keep nuts sorted, still use it. But no, not crazy about different threads either. Sorting metric and standard nuts and screws is way bad enough.

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The left handed nut came form the wagon wheel to keep the nut tight plus the rotation on the car wheel was suppose to keep them from backing off because of centrifugal force is what the engineer was thinking. An ford had left handed back in the day on passenger side also along with many other cars from the 20s era. This information for all the kid's out their. :steering:

Back