• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 production color numbers

Drmopar383

Reaction score
I have heard that there weren't very many birds built in Alpine White. Does anybody know how many were built in this color or even a breakdown for all colors. Mine was originally white, but was painted the 70 color sublime. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Have a great Labor Day!

4spd69RR

Reaction score
I would not have a clue for the productions numbers or how many cars were painted what color. I also have a white runner, however, you might want to contact the Walter P. Chrysler Museum. They might have more info for you. Here is a link to get started. http://wpchryslermuseum.org

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WPCM won't be able to help you. They only have info for cars built in 1967 and earlier. Currently, information for 1968 and up cars is not available. There are three stories widely circulating regarding the vehicle information for 1968 and up cars:

1) the records were destroyed in a fire.
2) the records were destroyed in a flood.
3) the records still exist somewhere, but they are stored on the old IBM 729 Magnetic Tape and there is no (economical) way to retrieve the data. This is the same type of data storage used by NASA in the sixties. NASA went through this mess trying to recover data from the lunar missions a few years ago. They used the same computer system that Chrysler used at that time. More info on this link:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/153961/apollo_moon_data.html

Personally, I subscribe to #3. Perhaps I am just hopeful that the info still exists and have allowed this to influence my thinking...

:jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I've heard rumors of a fourth story too.

Production records were taken home by someone and still exist but are not for public display.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
when I worked at the IH dealer, they had the same story for the same time period for their records from the factory, destroyed in a fire....

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I have them locked away :jester:

Oh good! I thought it was GG himself that had them and then we'd never see them without taking out a second mortgage!!!! :groucho: And I had heard about the fire theory at least 30 years ago!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the truth of the matter is Chrysler never kept records on paint. The most popular colors(F3,F5,F8) they figured there are just too many to count. The lesser colors(just to use up old stock so we get at least some $ out of htis) B5,B7, and white, their thoughts were, "who cares?'
:bart::acme::groucho::jester:

Last edited:

moparmonk

Reaction score
the truth of the matter is Chrysler never kept records on paint. The most popular colors(F3,F5,F8) they figured there are just too many to count. The lesser colors(just to use up old stock so we get at least some $ out of htis) B5,B7, and hite, their thoughts were, "who cares?'

:bart::acme::groucho::jester:

Now that is some funny stuff!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that is some funny stuff!

He's appearing here every afternoon between 3:00 and 5:00 PM. Comes on stage right after the guy that juggles Midgets and just before the Amazing Swiss Yodeler. Don't forget to tip your waitresses and bartenders...:lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
He's appearing here every afternoon between 3:00 and 5:00 PM. Comes on stage right after the guy that juggles Midgets and just before the Amazing Swiss Yodeler. Don't forget to tip your waitresses and bartenders...:lol:

thank you...thank you very much!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and dontcha just know that trunk lid is gotta be rust free!

Back