• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RoadRunner Drive train available. Looking to make someone's RR Correct.

BeepBeep21

Reaction score
Hello proud Road Runner owners out there. I recently sold my beloved 1968 Dodge Charger R/T . The new owner elected to just purchase the car with its original drivetrain. Here's where it possibly gets good for some 69 Road Runner owner. The 383 Commando the close Ratio 4 speed and the 489 Case differential has under 100 miles on complete rebuild. The Commando has several goodies inside that I am currently posting on EBay . I've listed the Close Ratio 4 speed as well as the Diffy on EBay as well. I got to thinking tho , there may be some person that needs this drivetrain to make their car correct. The side of the 383 has the date 9/12/68 but I was told it came from a 69. I will confirm the dates on each item but wanted to put this thread out there because time is of the essence as like I said two of the items have been listed on EBay. I will separate, however, I would rather see this train go to a person that it makes there car worth more $$$
Thanks,
Mike

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea my motor has a 68 date code on it. But that is not unusual. In a 69 production car. So I am told.

BeepBeep21

Reaction score
Yes I agree , I'm just looking for someone that needs the 9/12/68 Rebuilt drivetrain I have to make their car correct. Do you have the original drivetrain in your car?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It had a automatic transmission in it. It was an four speed car and got one A833 to put back in it. 8 and three quarter rear end. So now I have a 727 trans sitting in the barn. If you post what you have in the for sale section here maybe someone will want it. Lots of luck to ya. Russ.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You can make it date correct but is the VIN stamped on it to make it correct correct? The 68 casting is good for a 69 car.

Erikea

Reaction score
Hello proud Road Runner owners out there. I recently sold my beloved 1968 Dodge Charger R/T . The new owner elected to just purchase the car with its original drivetrain. Here's where it possibly gets good for some 69 Road Runner owner. The 383 Commando the close Ratio 4 speed and the 489 Case differential has under 100 miles on complete rebuild. The Commando has several goodies inside that I am currently posting on EBay . I've listed the Close Ratio 4 speed as well as the Diffy on EBay as well. I got to thinking tho , there may be some person that needs this drivetrain to make their car correct. The side of the 383 has the date 9/12/68 but I was told it came from a 69. I will confirm the dates on each item but wanted to put this thread out there because time is of the essence as like I said two of the items have been listed on EBay. I will separate, however, I would rather see this train go to a person that it makes there car worth more $$$
Thanks,
Mike
You can make it date correct but is the VIN stamped on it to make it correct correct? The 68 casting is good for a 69 car.

Erikea

Reaction score
Hi Mike
Where are you from and what is the package price?

Back