• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner hood pins

DWH

Reaction score
Front pass 45_RR pic.jpg I'm toying with the idea of having hood pins installed on my 69 RR. Looking for the correct factory dimension set back from the front and side edges. I'm sure I could make it look fine without knowing the factory dimension, but why reinvent the wheel?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Some one correct me if im wrong but I think the only hood pins used on the 69 was the A12 fiberglass hood?

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
I think you are right Bob.

The previous owner of my bird add some on the hood in the wrong place, I mean not were the ones on the A12 cars used to be. As the hood was new when I bought the car didn't want to mess it up trying to fill the holes, so just reshape the holes made some new "round shims" (don't know how to say it correctly) to screw on the hood and it already looks better.
I think there is a post here on this forum where the dimensions of the correct locations are. It was not that long ago.. There was some pics also added to that post.

The location on mine looks good but go with the factory A12 location it will be easier as the studs on mine, where the hood pin goes, are sitting too low so it is very difficult to adjust.

I'll try to find that post

droptop

Reaction score
Don't do it!!! They look hideous, and Hemibeep is correct. A12 cars were the only ones from the factory.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea why mess with perfection. The car looks grate. Seams that the hood always wanted to rot out where the pins where. :)

DWH

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Thanks for your suggestions, info and opinions. They are all valued.

Talk later,
DWH

quikbird

Reaction score
nothing says you must use a12 pins. there are a lot of different setups out there that might look better on your hood.

Back