• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 rr fender tag

vso737

Reaction score
Hi,

1969 Plymouth Roadrunner Coupe

Can anyone tell me what the CENTER sequence line of the FENDER TAG means.

I'm STUCK on the first half of the following sequence. I have the rest of it figured out.

99 99 H2X X9 C10 926118

Thanks a bunch,
Mike

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
99 is the code for special order paint. Maybe your car was Omaha Orange (looking at your avatar) or some other special order color. 99 twice is for the top and lower body color being the same.
H2X is the high grade vinyl interior in black (X).
C10 is the SPD (scheduled production date). December 10, 1969.
926118 is VON (vehicle order number).

vso737

Reaction score
Hi ACME A12............

Thanks for the quick response. This internet is GREAT, you are clear on the other side in Florida and I'm in Southern California.

You just confirmed what I found out about the "99" being SPECIAL ORDER.........the TAG starts off with "Y39" END which signifies SPECIAL ORDER car.

So this means that I could actually have ANY COLOR on this car as long as it is one of the COLORS available in 1969. The match up paint I had mixed a few months ago, for my rock chips, is called "Omaha Orange" but I believe in 1969 Plymouth called it "VITAMIN "C" Orange".

I have a question on the "SPD"........doesn't the "A" stand for January ?? Another words, "C" would designate March ...............

Thanks for taking the time out ..................

LG,
Mike

vso737

Reaction score
FENDER TAG for 1969 RR

Hi ACME A12

You were 100% correct on the SPD. I did NOT know they used letters ONLY for the last 3 months of the year.

Thanks a bunch,
LG,
Mike

djais1801

Reaction score
looks like your car was originally a 4spd...it wouldn't have the reverse warning light under the dash if it was an auto.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
So this means that I could actually have ANY COLOR on this car as long as it is one of the COLORS available in 1969.
No, you literally could have ordered just about ANY color (Ford, GM, Porsche, Kenworth, whatever...) so long as it was commercially available. Wasn't limited to the available Chrysler color palate. You just had to pay for it...

The match up paint I had mixed a few months ago, for my rock chips, is called "Omaha Orange" but I believe in 1969 Plymouth called it "VITAMIN "C" Orange".
No, these are two different colors. K2 (Vitamin C) has metallic. Omaha Orange does not. K2 was one of the spring colors introduced when the A12 cars were released.

TSB 69-23-18 vitamin C (Medium).jpg

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Though K2 is not specifically related to A12 or A14/A15.

No, you literally could have ordered just about ANY color (Ford, GM, Porsche, Kenworth, whatever...) so long as it was commercially available. Wasn't limited to the available Chrysler color palate. You just had to pay for it...

No, these are two different colors. K2 (Vitamin C) has metallic. Omaha Orange does not. K2 was one of the spring colors introduced when the A12 cars were released.

vso737

Reaction score
YES..........I just turned 69 and the days of SHIFTING are far behind me. NOT to mention my wife does NOT drive a standard car. FIRST thing I did is to replace the 4 speed with a 727 "Street fighter" automatic and also replaced the 3.90 gears with a 2.76 gears to make my FREEWAY CRUISER. I can now cruise at 65 MPH doing about 2,100 RPM.
I HAD 3 GUYS FIGHTING OVER EACH OTHER FOR MY 4 SPEED. I gave it away................

I finally purchased this jewel last September for my 'wife's birthday'. She has yet to drive it and I don't think she ever will.........

I had a B & M Quicksylver shifter installed. I love downshifting it and once in a while when I want to get on it a little bit, the 3 speed forward shifting is awesome............EVEN with the 2.76 gears, this is one fast 'machine'.

The '69 RR has been my favorite sedan since 1969. My then ARMY room-mate in Germany had a huge poster on the wall, being that it was "Motor Trend" car of the year. After looking at that poster for six months..........I GOT BRAINWASHED.

I don't ever plan on selling it and did NOT expect to ever find the FENDER TAG. It was a nice surprise to now have it.

LG,
Mike

vso737

Reaction score
WOW...............ACME A12

I guess it is obvious this is MY FIRST "MOPAR" ever..............that's really something since I have been driving since I turned 16 and just turned 69. Not to mention all the classic cars I have had through the years............

I just finished building MY FIRST ever hot-rod, a six year project. Been wanting to do that since high school............feels good to have accomplished that.

I'm pretty much set now with my 1930 Model A Sport Coupe hot-rod and this 69 RR. The ONLY other car I would ever contemplate ever having is another 1958 Corvette like the one drove in the 11th and 12th grades at Santa Monica High School. STILL miss that car....................BUT, I am NOT willing to sacrifice either one of my jewels for it and I ONLY have a two car garage and " I'm sooo poor, I can not even pay attention."

Thanks a bunch for all the information..........

LG,
Mike

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome, Mike. This website originally started as a '69 Road Runner only (well, loosely...VERY loosely...LOL) site so most of the old timers here are '69 guys...which bodes well for you when you have these types of questions. :cheers:

Back