1969 RR windshield and rear glass

Body, Interior and Trim

1. Rhill5371

Rhill5371 New Member

Feb 4, 2019
    I am in the process of restoring the dash and the rear window clips. I have the front windshield out and have notice two small stone chips and a light scratch from the wiper. Also the rear glass has a few scratches on it. Should I just put in new glass or reinstall the original glass back in? Are there concerns about factory glass numbers I should be aware of? I little insight would be helpful.
    Thanks

2. quikbird

quikbird Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Depends how serious you are about authenticity. There are date codes on the glass. If you want to be as numbers correct as possible, put original glass back in. If just having fun driving the doesn’t matter, do whatever you want.

3. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    Personal call on this one. I used all my original glass but the windshield which was too far gone. ECS has date coded windshields but only tinted the last I checked.

4. quikbird

quikbird Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    amd sells glass. I bought my windshield from jegs. looking good so far.

5. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Same here front windshield was turning yellow between the two glasses. Have the original rear windshield. Some scratches but not bad. Have been looking a some product's that you can clean the glass with and get rid of the scratches. They sell a kit with different items for cleaning the glass. Think it would be good to put it back in. Has the mopar brand on it. Cleaning it is less than a new one. My thought need money for other thing's. Good luck :beep:

6. Big Block

Big Block Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    My side glass windows in the car have chips in them. I am going to leave them in the car and use them. I have to buy a new front windshield. I can get it for $140 from the local parts store .

7. Basketcase

Basketcase Keeper of the Green

Sep 10, 2008
    my car had a new windshield in it when I bought it. Less than a week after I got it a passing truck threw a rock and put a small chip in it. Unless the ones in yours are bad.....I'd reuse'm.

8. Big Block

Big Block Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    114AA239-8A4C-4DA9-A33C-8053747E6093.jpeg 99FA386B-AA3C-4358-AC2E-501E7FD20183.jpeg Russ, I couldn’t send a picture through the conversation page, so I put it here. Hope it helps.

Russ69Runner likes this.