• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 runner with 383 motor

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey bird fans Looking to find out what or where to get a low pressure fuel pump for my 383 motor in the 69 roadrunner. Holey say's that it must be low psi or it will blow past my needle seat's and flood my carb bowl's. I am afraid the part's store will sell me anything I would like to have the rite one. Well that's what I am looking for any suggestion's would be grate. Ok Russ69Runner out.

quikbird

Reaction score
Mechanical pump runs about 6 psi. Many regular electic pumps will do this. Summit or jegs catalog have plenty of both.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok Quikbird will check with them. Got the thermostat for block from summit. Safe driving car look's good what type transmission do you have in it. Looking for a four speed for mine finding out rebuilt pretty high but on other hand use not so cheep if I have to rebuild it. Ok enough chat see you later. Thank you for your reply

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thank you ACME A12. The thing is that Holley told me that if the pressure is to high it will pass by my needle seat and flood the bowl. Have a good old auto part store and machine shop man that told me that the nitroply float some times get soaked with gas in side. It is an old holly deamon could not find any identifying number on it. Holly was not to help full I think they just want me to buy a new one. Belive this is eather a 600 or 650 Road Deamon. Thank you for the help Russ69Runner

quikbird

Reaction score
Old demons were different company from Holley. Need 6 psi coming in. Can be a mechanical pump or electric. Sometimes float does spring a leak and quits floating. Rebuild kits available complete with YouTube how tos.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey quikbird got a set of new nitroply float's from my local auto part's he not a national part's house he also has a machine shop. Still looking the car over hope to get it in to the barn and start tare down. Have some rust hope thing's aren't to bad. Now searching for a manual four speed transmission. Some one put a 727 auto in her and I am looking at a clutch pedal. I want to feel the power in my hand shifting gear's is what I like about the mussel car. Like I said we use to street drag. But this car wont be. Well thank you for all your info.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hello quikbird just got my fuel pump JC Whitney had them. Summit did not have what I was looking for. Thank you for your help. Hey by the way what type transmission are you running in your car and did it come with it. Well thank you again.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey ACME A12 are all those your car's neat. I think I see a duster and is that a super bee front. Boy am I jellious. What size rear tire do you have on your runner would like to put a 12 inch on mine but look's like only a 10 inch would fit in the tub with out doing a lot of work putting in mini tub's and moveing a lot of stuff. By the way I am in lake wales Fl. Hope you have a good one safe driving.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Russ. That's a fairly old pic - late 2008 or early 2009. I can tell because the RR is wearing the Rallye wheels off of my buddy's AAR. Had to put wheels on it to get it home in August of 2008 and that was all that was available. By spring of 2009 she had her own set of Halibrands. They are 15X8 with 275/60 BFGs on the rear.

The Duster is a '74 that was upgraded from a leaning tower of power to a 340. The car in front is my Wife's '70 Swinger. That has a 390 CI stroker small block in it. Not pictured are my three '70 Dusters and my '67 Malibu.

Back