• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Thermostat Choke Question

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I dont remember taking the metal bowl out of the intake manifold on my 69 383, the bowl Im refering to is the cup the Thermostat Choke sits into, ere there cups on the 69 manifolds and is there a proper name for it, because I need one. Here is pic of thermostatmancini-racing-choke-assembly-98.gif

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Wish I could help ya out but mine has a Holey intake on mine and a Holey carburetor all my choke needs is 12 volt to it. What about in the parts list on the site.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Mine's got an Eddy on it, but IIRC....your choke just sits in the well in the intake casting. Or you could just wire the choke open.,..mine's been like that since before I got it.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
No Cup or gasket for this choke setup just hook up linkage and drop choke into well and bolt it down.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Hey Bill! how'z that GREEN runner?
Hey Dave,

Got all the seats in the car today with help as I don't have the power in the arms anymore and it will be coming off the hoist and out on the road this weekend first time in many years and it looks BEAUTIFUL in it's GREEN !!!

Will post up pictures when it's out of my shop.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Enjoy the ride. That is the reward of all the work we put in to these car's. Sound's grate abodybill. And I don't care what color it is as long as it is a Runner. Russ. :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
so Quickie...you's been on the road any this year?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Hey Bill, did you get the bumper you were waiting around for?
Nope Steve didn't get it and now they are on national back order Richard emailed me today and talked to AMD and they said 2nd week in August oh well:lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Bill I got my AMD bumpers from Jeff @ 521 Restorations.Great guy to deal with. Fastest email replay I've ever got. Had my bumpers since 2012, and they still look great, and fit perfectly.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Bill I got my AMD bumpers from Jeff @ 521 Restorations.Great guy to deal with. Fastest email replay I've ever got. Had my bumpers since 2012, and they still look great, and fit perfectly.
Basketcase what did you have to pay for the rear one I need one on the back of my runner, Im doing my lower quarters and my bumper is bent upward, and I don't want to do the quarters without knowing where the bumper is sitting.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
they're listed for $360...but I got mine in 2012.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Basketcase what did you have to pay for the rear one I need one on the back of my runner, Im doing my lower quarters and my bumper is bent upward, and I don't want to do the quarters without knowing where the bumper is sitting.

I went to his web site and he has them listed at $359.00 plus shipping.

opps I see Dave poste the price

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
plus they don't need the cores, so you can sell your olds ones, I did.

Back