• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 road runner Fuel Gauge issues

Lucky LAr

Reaction score
Can’t get fuel gauge to read full when the tank is full of gas

I have to sending units, one brand new the other looks original, when I hook them up out of the tank the sending units & the gauge in the car work perfect

But when I put them back in the tank they will only go to a little under ¾ when the tank is full

Has anybody had the same issue, and is there a fix

Thanks larry

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey Larry the other guy's have posted forums on the site with the same issues. Their is a device that will correct that. Also some are talking about bending the float to make it rite. The device is a adjustable resistor block so I saw. Hope someone else will chime in on that forum. like the color of the car. Going to paint mine B5 blue. with a touch of royal metal flake in the clear coat to give it a little pop. Cool hope it works out for ya. :D

roadrunnervet

Reaction score
Hey Larry the other guy's have posted forums on the site with the same issues. Their is a device that will correct that. Also some are talking about bending the float to make it rite. The device is a adjustable resistor block so I saw. Hope someone else will chime in on that forum. like the color of the car. Going to paint mine B5 blue. with a touch of royal metal flake in the clear coat to give it a little pop. Cool hope it works out for ya. :D
try this for fuel sender monitor.http://www.technoversions.com/MeterMatchHome.html

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Did you check it with the dash gauge when bench testing or an OHM meter? How does the empty reading look?

Back