• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 road runner Antenna Hole Missing?

road robert

Reaction score
I have an antenna mounted on the RF fender but the coax wire is coiled up inside the fender and I checked with a mirror but do not see any hole to bring it inside the car through the kick panel. Can anyone please send a pic with the passenger door open showing where the antenna cable enters? Thanks!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
On a 69 you have to pull the inner fender splash shield to see and put the antenna wire through the kick panel area. Don't know if they did the same with your car. But they did not change a lot for routing that antenna wire.

robertop

Reaction score
On a 69 you have to pull the inner fender splash shield to see and put the antenna wire through the kick panel area. Don't know if they did the same with your car. But they did not change a lot for routing that antenna wire.
On my 69 I was able to stick my hand inside the fender with the passenger door open about half way, but my hands are pretty small and it was not easy anyway.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Got my arm up in the car in the back quarter to check something out. Thought I would never get it back out. Left some meat behind. OUCH!!!! Did you find the hole for the antenna wire?

Back