• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 speed wiper motor replacement

Tommy Fain

Reaction score
Have been looking for a replacement 2 speed wiper motor for the 69
Roadrunner. Can anyone tell me if this is a resistor on the original motor, and if I have to remove mine and put it on a new motor. I can't find one with this part already on it.
I have included a pic to show what I'm referring to. There is one wire connected to each terminal. My motor a #2822252. Thanks20200105_211801.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So the motor dose not work is that rite. Have you tested the resistor to see if it is good. I have looked into classic industries and don't see new motor's just rebuilt. Not much on these motor's their. Try Napa they my have a replacement motor. May be a starter shop can help having yours rebuilt.

Tommy Fain

Reaction score
There are places that restore them and I would think someone sells a rebuild. The resistor should be white and it does belong there.
http://www.ns1aar.com/home.html
Someone had painted this one black. I got the ohm meter and the manual and started reading on how to check everything. As it turns out my motor is good, just wasn't grounded. So wiper are working fine now.
Thanks for your help.

Tommy Fain

Reaction score
So the motor dose not work is that rite. Have you tested the resistor to see if it is good. I have looked into classic industries and don't see new motor's just rebuilt. Not much on these motor's their. Try Napa they my have a replacement motor. May be a starter shop can help having yours rebuilt.
Got this one working.
Thanks for your help.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
One body shop said they went through 3 motor's that where rebuilt before they got a good one. This was on a Cuda. Hey that is grate you found something as simple as not a ground. Russ.

Back