• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 fuel lines: pump to carb?

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Im looking to do a little sprucing up in my engine compartment this winter and one of the to do items is to repace the rubber fuel lines for the more stock appearing steel lines. All the catalogs call for a two piece set from the fuel pump to the carb, as Im assuming thats to accomidate an inline fuel filter. In all my reference pictures I cant see where that Fuel filter goes on a stock set up. Anyone have good pictures or info?

Thanks,
Bob

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I was always told to put the filter before the pump.Keeps it out of site, and the heat, but mainly to keep crap out of the pump.

droptop

Reaction score
I don't have any pictures, but the reason you don't normally see it is because it is behind/under the alt.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The stock location is a bear to change.

I like the idea of filtering before the pump if you have manifolds. I want as little rubber hose near my headers as possible.

Getting rid of rubber hose under hood is a GREAT idea.

Steel all the way up to the filter and steel again into the carb. I do need to fix the length of the rubber line near the pump as I think it is too long, need to flare up a new piece of steel.

CWR

Reaction score
I have a filter before the pump, there also seems to be a filter midway between pump and carb. I ve been wondering if that one is necessary?

CWR

Reaction score
You can see it on "show me your engines" first page 5th or 6th post. Its red and blue

Back