• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'68-70 AMD trunk floor vs '70 factory - differences?

torredcuda

Reaction score
I see one area that has a raised area where my factory floor is flat, sides outward of the rails looks good. I can't compare the center sections as mine was cut out by some previous owner. Anyone have good pics of a factory center trunk floor area on a '70 or tell me what is/isn't correct?

20221108_111330.jpg

20221108_151723.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
But you still had to take time out to fix it. Glad you are moving along. Keeping an eye on the project keep the pic's coming. :thumbsup2:

MoparDan

Reaction score
If you are talking about the rectangular raised portion in the center if the second pic, that is the raised spot for the floor pan center support. It is there so the floor pan sits tight against the frame rails.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Yes, I see that now, it`s a lot more pronounced than the factory one but easily fixed with my body hammer. I still need to know about the center section, I can`t compare to mine as it was cut out by a previuos owner either due to rust or possibly for mounting a fuel cell.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Yes, I see that now, it`s a lot more pronounced than the factory one but easily fixed with my body hammer. I still need to know about the center section, I can`t compare to mine as it was cut out by a previuos owner either due to rust or possibly for mounting a fuel cell.
I'm not sure what you're asking about the center section. I've gone through my pics of the old trunk pan and don't see a difference. I've included a pic of the trunk with the old pan removed and the new support set in place

Trunk019.jpg

torredcuda

Reaction score
I need a pic of an original trunk pan so I can compare it to the AMD part as sometimes the repros don`t match exactly or there are production changes year to year and the repros are a "one part fits all".

torredcuda

Reaction score
OK , I see two extra stiffening ribs in my AMD panel compared to yours - top row far right and one in from far left.

Back