• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 fender tag location

wagonman

Reaction score
I have the tag but it was not installed when I got the car. Could someone please supply a pic of correct placement. The engine compartment has been painted and I cant seem to find the holes. Thanks.

Ranger

Reaction score
If the '68 is the same as the '69 it goes on the fender shelf next to the battery.

This is my '69. you can see it next to the green negative cable disconnect and the hood bumper.

P.S.
Sorry, it came out smaller than I have it stored and can't figure out how to enlarge it.
Oh, I know I'm going to pay for that statement.

Here is another view I stole of the internet.
introimage.jpg

Road Runner 2   383 motor.jpg

Last edited:

vso737

Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased my '69RR...........I'm NOT hung up on STOCK. "Been there, done that" when I restored a 1957 Corvette to "NCRS" Top Flight status. Still, I would like to have as much info on my JEWEL as possible.

I have the HOLES present where the FENDER TAG is suppose to be but NO fender tag. ¿ IS THERE A WAY TO GET A FENDER TAG AT THIS POINT IN TIME ? All I have is the VIN#...............

Thank you in advance,
LG,
Mike

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
If the '68 is the same as the '69 it goes on the fender shelf next to the battery.

This is my '69. you can see it next to the green negative cable disconnect and the hood bumper.

P.S.
Sorry, it came out smaller than I have it stored and can't figure out how to enlarge it.

you know they have medication for that now........:acme::acme::acme::acme:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
it was nice yesterday, had the car out....:drive:

A12

Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased my '69RR...........I'm NOT hung up on STOCK. "Been there, done that" when I restored a 1957 Corvette to "NCRS" Top Flight status. Still, I would like to have as much info on my JEWEL as possible.

I have the HOLES present where the FENDER TAG is suppose to be but NO fender tag. ¿ IS THERE A WAY TO GET A FENDER TAG AT THIS POINT IN TIME ? All I have is the VIN#...............

Thank you in advance,
LG,
Mike

The fender tag format is different for the Lynch Road "A" assembly plant and will not include as much option information as an LA or St. Louis plant will........but that's if you can have one even made without a broadcast sheet, original fender tag or maybe even an original window sticker?

Here's the fender tag location for the '68 which is the same as '69, '70, and who knows how far back and forward that location on the top of the inner "FENDER" the tag has been placed there but I think it's been there for at least a decade or more? Hence the term FENDER TAG and not as it is on GM's on the firewall and called a "data" tag.....

DSC02846.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

Back