• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Road Runner Dash Pad Removel

dppayton

Reaction score
Do you have to remove the instrument cluster to remove the dash pad? Is there a DIY video on how to do everthing?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Oh boy are you in for it. On the 69 you might get a nut driver in their to take the nuts off the dash pad. Would apply some nut blaster to the studs before trying to take the nuts off over night if possible. Now the 68 cant say it is the same but think it is. Sure some one will tell ya better than I. Might pull the instrument cluster-glove box and heater box. Not much room back their. Oh would look on line to see if they are the same. Russ.

MrJLR

Built - not bought
Reaction score
On my 68 ('Cuda) you have to remove the windshield to get to the screws that attach the upper dash pad....
Hope yours is easier!

Jeff

image000001.jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
not easy at all to reach. glove box needs to be removed, steering wheel dropped, instrument cluster dropped. then can start to get to nuts. there are 4 studs on dash pad and nuts are on the inside of the dash frame, need a long extension to get out to them. putting them back in is even more fun

dmartin

Reaction score
When putting them back on get a nut driver and tape the nuts to the driver and you won’t have any trouble I believe it is a 3/8 driver

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Got an extension from Lowes that reaches. Use one of the quarter drive socket's . Bought it to use drill bit's and the spot weld cutter in places I could not reach. Work's grate with the impactor driver I got at HBF.

Rex Peake

Reaction score
not the worst job in the world. I got myself a 1/4 drive flexible extension. remove the glove box liner. don't worry about the steering wheel. there are 6 studs that go through the dash. use tape or putty to hold the nuts on the socket when going back on. you will be working blind but you should be able to find them by just feeling around.

Back