• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED 68 road runner horn button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is bad for sure. My steering wheel was cracking and pieces missing out of it. Found the one I wanted on here. The half horn ring. With the bird in the pad part. Don't know if the one I have would work on your 68. It is a 69 pad. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Mine looks just like that one. Still check out how the other steering wheel will work out for me. I have some gap between the steering wheel and the column cover. may post a pic of it and see what the other guy's think. So far it look's like it will work. I will let you know as soon as I get it figured out. Russ. Oh this one is in good shape. Just need's cleaning.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out why I have a gap between the new steering wheel and the upper column collar. Give me a few day's More like a week to get every thing put back together on the column and see if your not in a hurry. Russ.

1968 man

Reaction score
No hurry ,wish I lived closer to you so I could help you out ,I know I needed that extra hand to finishing mine. really good friends for sure.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Appreciate the thought 1968 man. Yes it would be nice to have help sometimes. I have just about figured that the new steering wheel I have is different than the column I have. Something to do with the sleeve under it on the column. Maybe their is a part to buy or maybe it is suppose to look like that. I need to do more research on it or some one on here may have the answer. I did have one fellow who Live in south Carolina help me when taking the car apart. Old Steve was a good friend. But I ask him to label the bag's he put screw in and he did not. Now I don't know what screws go where. LOL. Have a good one Russ.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine looks just like that one. Still check out how the other steering wheel will work out for me. I have some gap between the steering wheel and the column cover. may post a pic of it and see what the other guy's think. So far it look's like it will work. I will let you know as soon as I get it figured out. Russ. Oh this one is in good shape. Just need's cleaning.
You've posted pics of your original steering wheel before. It's the 1969 non-A87 (Belvedere interior) steering wheel. The horn buttons for '68 & '69 are not the same.

1968 man

Reaction score
I thought it would be a 68 only thing but wasn't sure , Thanks everybody I will keep looking ,must not matter to much that its torn a little me and my grandson put the car in a car show today for the first time since I finished it a won first place. oh yeah .

1968 man

Reaction score
Yep doctordodge is the man, hoping to be able to help him out with some stuff for a nice 70 runner ragtop he is restoring.440+6 barrel ,yep its a Plymouth so that would not be a 6 pack.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back