• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Roadrunner fuel gauge ohms

68RR

Reaction score
Anyone know what the empty and full ohm values are on a 68 roadrunner fuel gauge? I'm wanting to buy a 20 gallon fuel cell with the correct sender ohmic range. Thanks!

Resized_Resized_20210918_132116(2).jpeg

Petroleum1

Reaction score
My factory gas gauge acts a little funky so i bought a Equus 7361 and mounted it under the dash.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
My factory gas gauge acts a little funky so i bought a Equus 7361 and mounted it under the dash.
Is it any better with this gauge? The biggest part of this problem is the quality of the aftermarket sending units themself. I've tried 4 or 5 units to get on that was even close to reading correctly. In the end I had to get one of these, https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/...t_id=748/category_id=184/mode=prod/prd748.htm It's an easy to install, and you can adjust the meter to the sending unit levels.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
About the best you can do is adjust it at empty and then write down where its at after a 5 gallon can for a 1/4 then another for a 1/2 and again for 3/4 19 gallon tank it gets you pretty close

Petroleum1

Reaction score
Interesting unit i just installed the aftermarket gauge and need to top the tank off to see where the needle goes. If its off i will get one of these and try it. thx

68RR

Reaction score
73-10. 10 being full
Thanks for that. I'm looking to get a new 20 gallon 70-10 ohm fuel cell. Some show fittings on top and bottom like mine. Others show both fittings on top. How does that work? Also some have foam, others don't. Is foam recommend?

quikbird

Reaction score
Foam is an anti slosh material for those racers who do not want the fuel uncovering the pickup either on acceleration and/ or turns

Back