• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED 69 383 ac and poer steering pulleys and brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

quikbird

Reaction score
sounds like a great goal. these cars are a bear to turn without power steering.
first question to answer; is this a restomod or a factory original resto? this will determine what parts you can use to make changes.

to add power steering; you will need a power steering pump, hoses and a new steering box, and the appropriate brackets. possibly a new crank pulley and belt
ac; need a call to one of several manufacturers which have complete kits. vintage air, or classic air. these would have everything needed as well as complete instructions for the change. you will need to plan where the vents will go, as well as if you will need different dash pads to accomadate the vents

droptop

Reaction score
You will also have to change the steering column shaft. A manual shaft is about 2 inches longer than a ps shaft. I have heard of people cutting them to length, but I don't recommend it.

Denpsim

Reaction score
Thanks guys it will be a resto mod I have purchased a vintage air system from a supplier here in Texas and i am looking at going with Borgeson on the power steering but they have no brackets or pulleys thanks for the help and maybe more

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
I have a AC idler pulley and bracket in case you need one just refinished it too. let me know if your going to use all stock parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back