• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 convertible interior

Jack R

Reaction score
37C3D723-007A-4861-ACAF-796CD3F545F3.jpeg just starting to refurb every single piece on my 69 roadrunner convertible. It’s 100% apart and on rotisserie so....

Interior paint? Trim tag picture shows B7 I think for interior color. Are the door tops and dash B5 or B7. For the interior panels that need color, what is recommended including what paint? Year one has a blue metallic I think, is this the correct color?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your door tops are B7. Dash frame is Baltic Blue Suede - it has a slight texture to it. Nothing in the interior is B5 on a car with a B7 interior. Please refer to the interior color chart below for specifics on each component. I got my paint from Chas Dallas @ www.8774paint1.com. He can provide everything you need by the pint, by the quart, or in a rattle can.

paint codes.JPG

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
De nada Senor. Chas is good to deal with. Tell him Ray with the A12 RR with the B7 interior sent you. Maybe he'll give me $5 off of my next order... :D

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I would not hold my breath ACME A12. Still waiting on a kick back form Classic with all the people I have told to check them out. :steering:

Jack R

Reaction score
A3911D59-8C84-425D-A58F-0E216AF97F2C.jpeg
Jack - that looks like a nicely equipped RR 'vert. Enjoy!

Thanks, yes I have been after this one for over 20 years. Guy who “was going to restore” finally called me a couple months ago. Bad part it was parked outside in Az heat for about 25 years. But it is very restorable. Known rust is one quarter and maybe trunk. Soda blast in next 10 days then get body panels done. I have to touch virtually everything, well into that already and have all of the unobtainium parts. Some good others can be restored.

This is where I started.....

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
View attachment 28490

Thanks, yes I have been after this one for over 20 years. Guy who “was going to restore” finally called me a couple months ago. Bad part it was parked outside in Az heat for about 25 years. But it is very restorable. Known rust is one quarter and maybe trunk. Soda blast in next 10 days then get body panels done. I have to touch virtually everything, well into that already and have all of the unobtainium parts. Some good others can be restored.

This is where I started.....
Hello Jack R. That looks to be a good project. I have and going to touch every part of my runner. Sat in Fort Lauderdale for a while came for Alabama. Then a guy buys cars to fill form estate sales. Then I bought it from him so say it is a three owner car. I have three years into this car doing it all my self. Good luck with the project and keep those pic coming as you restore that beautiful bird. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Jack R

Reaction score
I’ll post pics as I make progress. A little concerned that the soda blast might show some surprises. There is so much to do right now with figuring out what needs what. I have parts all over the garage but they are each tagged. Got a good body guy working the sheet metal, I’ll do everything else. I haven’t touched a mopar in a long time. Holy crap are parts expensive.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I have more in part's than I paid for the car. But it turned out to be a full on restore project. And the car was missing thing's I did not notice when buying it. Something as simple as the front interior trim for the headliner cost me 400 dollar's. Console form scratch was about 2000. 400 for the shifter. 500 for the for speed manual transmission plus shipping. It has gone on and on but now have all the part's to finish this runner. Just have to be determined and don't get frustrated with it. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Jack R

Reaction score
09B0B231-5EE4-405B-A6C9-904FEDCEF091.jpeg 9F9B279A-C4EA-4086-9D16-843595A0D4D1.jpeg I got pretty lucky with this project. Getting body done is going to be $$$ but I have a good guy doing the work. Really solid and now not a bolt left untouched. Passenger 1/4 repair done years ago is a bit of a problem as they used a coupe 1/4 and a lot of bondo at top. Metal fab required. Rest of the car is very solid...only rust repair is trunk pan and lower 1/4 on driver side. Missing parts or parts still needed is a rear boot well separator as mine is badly bent up, front window pillar moldings which I don’t think are reproduced...mine are pretty bad but if I have to I’ll spend days working them.

droptop

Reaction score
I have a new set of reproductions that I am not going to be using if you are interested. They were reproduced several years ago but all inventories were sold and are very hard to find. I talked to Tony D at Carlisle about making another run and he said there is not enough demand yet. PM me for details.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey it is a console car. Was it automatic or standard. Those pic's look like what I was going through two year's ago. But had to replace a lot more. Good luck buddy. Russ.

Jack R

Reaction score
Yes, 4 speed console car. I do need to buy the repro plastic console housing. All the metal is good though luckily.

Back