• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Road runner at our local auction house.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
They are selling a 69 Road Runner at our local auction house next Wed. They don't do real well with cars so I'm going to go check it out. It is a 4 speed car but they don't say what motor is in the car. It has a lift off hood. The shifter is a pistol grip so I dought that it is an A12 but I am going to check it out. Nice looking car.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Well, if you have any spare cash and the price is right you never know what you might come away with. Keep us posted.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Went and checked it out. It was originally a 383 4-speed car. Descent shape but needed repainted. It looked like someone had done a quicky fix it up to sell. $14,000 :crazy:

DSC08962.jpg

DSC08965.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
It dosen't look too bad. How much of and inspection were you able to get? Any signs of rust? That price almost sounds too good to be true, or it is a great steal!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks like a decent car. did they put the front hood pins too far back?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
It was well worth the money. Non numbers matching, fixed a few holes in the floor with flat sheet metal, no fender tag. Well worth the money though. I think the grill is a belvedere isn't it?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
A little paint will turn it into a Roadrunner grille.

That looks like a good car just to drive and have some fun with.... If you got serious about a restoration, you'd get real deep into it real fast.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
when I was looking for mine, $14,000 was the average price.

a couple years ago, there was one out your way for sale on moparts. had a new Passon 4 speed,same color, and I'm prety sure it had the six pak hood. Guy wanted $16,000 for it. Looked good until I asked for more pics. The roof rotted out in front of the back window several places. And one 1/4 was bubbled out petty bad. wonder if they put a vinyl top on it and fixed the rust?

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
First thing I'd have to do is knock that gloss down on the hood!!! I'd say 14K for a 4 speed Runner in decent driver condition isn't out of line.

Back