• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 road runner convertible

barf75

Reaction score
The stereo quality at 60miles an hour with the top down is not good to say the least. I am lucky if I recognize the song. Only have the front speaker that I changed out to a better one. Any ideas stereo, speakers, kick panel speakers. Thanks

cbusters

Reaction score
I have a convertible too, and it has an AM/8Track that I have had restored, rechromed, speakers reconed and looking brand new. I'm going to hang a 69 era tape out of it for the effect and then use an IPAD with Bluetooth speakers lying in the backseat or floor to listen to my music. Those speakers sound unbelievable! Some come in colors, can last 7 hours and charge from a USB port. No holes, no wires, no hassle to hide when the car is at a show.

barf75

Reaction score
That sounds terrific cbusters. What kind of speakers do you recommend?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Have put some speakers in the kick panel's before in other cars. Also mounted speakers in the door's is their is room. Kick panel is my first preference. Up the speaker out put with a booster. Could not here my music in my diesel truck so put in a booster and a set of speakers behind the seat now here it well. 100 Watt booster was all I needed. Don't know why when looking in classic that they don't have the kick panels with speaker's for 68 and 69 Runner's. I will cut mine to get the speakers in or drill a mess of holes so the sound come's through. Russ. :kartman: Got to here the tune's man!!!!!!:lol:

dmartin

Reaction score
I'd rather hear them horses and them pipes that's what I paid and built it for, that's my opinion I welcome yours!

cbusters

Reaction score
That sounds terrific cbusters. What kind of speakers do you recommend?
I haven't set my sights yet. I just listened to someone that had a Bose in his office "bluetoothed" into his I-Phone and it sounded unbelievable with just that one speaker. He told me he went to a Bose store at an Outlet Mall and they let him try out the different speakers and he paid $150 for the one he wanted. It will be a month before I start deciding. Do a search and read the reviews, it is surprising what people use them for. Down here they use them in boats and some of the JBL's even fit in the cup holder. Then they carry them up on the beach. What a country!

Back