• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 69 rr original bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
I've got my original set of bumpers for sale, I just got a new set from AMD so I don't need these. These are in driver condition, been inside for last 15 years. The rear has some of the chrome peeling by the license plate area. They are located south of Atlanta. I don't want to ship as it would be pricey. Asking $275 for the pair. Pics of the front but I can take pics of the rear and any of the front you need.bumper1.jpeg bumper2.jpeg bumper3.jpeg bumper4.jpeg bumper5.jpeg

Rich B

Reaction score
Nice, the metal is heavy enough too to straighten any superficial dents with heavy ball peen or sledge hammer, yup When I had my car refinished, pulled off bumpers and cleaned up a few back up dents. They were actually, looked worn from the exhaust tips exhaust, the chrome was gone but no peeling or chipping of bumper. Those can be replated easy enough, may be nickel plated and not chrome. Never was sure on that, only explanation is leaded gas back then that I can think of- chemical reaction with that discolored bumper issue (wasn’t soot or anything like that).

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
With what it cost to put new chrome on think it might be cheaper to buy a new one. These guy's think it is gold to chrome an old part. They go into we have to strip it down then put new copper on then start the chroming process. The charge a disposal fee for what I don't know I guess the waste material is hazard material and cost to depose of. Well my 2 cent 's worth. :(

RonLiv

Reaction score
With what it cost to put new chrome on think it might be cheaper to buy a new one. These guy's think it is gold to chrome an old part. They go into we have to strip it down then put new copper on then start the chroming process. The charge a disposal fee for what I don't know I guess the waste material is hazard material and cost to depose of. Well my 2 cent 's worth. :(
I'm kinda facing a similar dilemma. Some of the chrome pealed off my rear bumper this summer. You hardly notice it really, unless you're staring at it from inches away. Anyway, my car is far from perfect so it doesn't bug me to much, but if it continues and gets worse I'll eventually want to do something. I've made some inquires about just getting a new bumper and slapping it on. I was advised that sometimes fitment is an issue with a re-pop or even an original one off another car. If the bumper on the car currently is the original one it came with and you're not doing a full rebuild where you can make adjustments, they told me stick with what you got.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Boy that is not good news. I have to get the front and the rear. Both where totally gone. I mean they painted over them they where so bad and full of RUST. Well it is what it is. Like every thing else on this car. Will have to deal with it when I get to that point. Thinking of just getting them from AMD. Russ.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
I went with new AMD bumpers. They look really nice and my car is far from stock. They seem to fit just like the originals too. I have a lot of work still to go and I didn't want to go through the trouble of having the old bumpers redone. Had my car been a hemi or 440-6, then I would probably have had the original bumpers rechromed.

RonLiv

Reaction score
My word is far from gospel that's for sure.

dmartin

Reaction score
I went with new AMD bumpers. They look really nice and my car is far from stock. They seem to fit just like the originals too. I have a lot of work still to go and I didn't want to go through the trouble of having the old bumpers redone. Had my car been a hemi or 440-6, then I would probably have had the original bumpers rechromed.
Mark where did you say you were from in Ga. I’m in Mansfield you probably told me before but I forgot sorry man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back