• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR Steering column

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
does anyone have pictures of their steering column when they tore it down and put it back together. Mine is from an automatic, column shift. Lucky me the original mechanic which I fired did not bag and label everything and I'm 99% sure I am missing parts. its hard to tell with the parts manual and of course I can't find all the parts I need listed for sale. Also does anyone have parts for steering columns for sale. Thanks for all your help, I'm so close to finishing my car.

quikbird

Reaction score
What kind of parts are you looking for? I just pulled mine when I switched to a flaming river tilt column. It is just sitting there in the shop.

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
since yours is collecting dust is it a off a 69 and how much do you want for it?

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
Quikbirds wont work, does anyone have any breakdown pictures of an automatic steering column?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/steering-column-assembly-instructions.20704/

That's for a 69 Polara cop car, but it really should be close, just longer. You may have to sign on to see pics, I don't really know how it's set up there these days.

Have you looked at GM sources for parts? They are a GM (Saginaw) sourced column and I'm sure would share a lot of internal parts. I even had a tilt/telescope column for a 74 C Body recently that had GM part numbers on the harness.

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
found a guy on ebay that has steering parts, 4406pack, is his ebay name

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and the '69 Factory Service Manual is in the Tech Section here.....

Back