• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR trunk lock have nylon "doughnut"?

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
I am putting the lock setup back in the RR and I have this nylon "doughnut" in my parts stash. Does this nylon part go on the inside of the trunk lid, behind the lock mechanism or something? I also have a new one from a gasket kit I have that is larger than the original one. In the picture, the original one is on the left, the new one on the right.

Your pictures are always welcome!
20190310_183052.jpg 20190310_183105.jpg

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Thanks again hemibeep. Any clue what the left one might be? I had it stored in a drawer marked trunk hardware, so it goes to something on the car. It is possible it got put in the wrong drawer.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
never seen anything like that on any of my B Bodies. About the cloest thing I could think of is the one on the left possibly a window roller?

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Hi basket, hmm could it be go behind the window crank handle to isolate it from the door panel?

Back