• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69_RR Intro

69_RR

Reaction score
Jay k from eastern Ontario, Canada 69RR 383 4 spd 46741 miles on the ticker 20 year rotessori resto project (getting ready to assemble, which is why I'm here). Looking for all your priceless tips and advise on getting the RR back together. Everything is new or rebuilt new and ready to go.
I didn't disassemble and there was very little pics taken (disassembled in 93, before the digital age) and very little journal entries. I was 10 when it was stripped so I'm kinda just diving in so to say (in a patient manner lol) I am very mechanical and confident in my ability to work on the car just never really took on this big a project. It was on the rotessori and all the undercarriage was finish painted and the rest sat in primer for 11 years. Than The rear end and front end was assembled to make it a roller because of a move where it sat another 5 years. 6 years ago the rest of body was painted and cleared but not wet sanded yet and it's been sitting ever since. Dads lost interest in the project just looking for guidance on what direction to head? Get the body finish wet sanded, or can I run fuel/brake lines/ engine bay stuff etc etc? All parts are new or restored new so hopefully it goes together good.

Last edited:

cj69RR

Reaction score
I would save the body for last. Run all fuel and brake lines. Run wire harness. Do a lot of the stuff that will be hard to do before stuffing the engine and trans in. Get a plan and stay at it, there will be good and bad days on progress. But when your done it will be SO worth it!!

quikbird

Reaction score
First decide on your goal. Is this a complete resto, or a daily driver with disc brakes? After that I agree, run lines etc and do paint almost last just in case you ding something and it needs touched up

69_RR

Reaction score
First decide on your goal. Is this a complete resto, or a daily driver with disc brakes? After that I agree, run lines etc and do paint almost last just in case you ding something and it needs touched up

Nut and bolt resto to original spec.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
find a thread in general discussion on bringing it back to factory spec. he has tons of great pictures that will help you .

MsBeep

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Edmonton, Alberta. Good luck on your project Jay; looking forward to seeing those progress posts :wave:

69_RR

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Edmonton, Alberta. Good luck on your project Jay; looking forward to seeing those progress posts :wave:

Just got back from 7 years in edmonton, enjoying that weather :biggrin:

Back