• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69bfan Intro

69bfan

Reaction score
I basically grew up around these cars. As a kid hanging out at the local dealership and having friends fathers who were zone managers at that time for Chrysler, something was always new. Father bought a 69 Charger RT new which is still in the family. Now there is a 68 Hemi Road Runner and two 68 383 Road Runners, a 69 GTX, a 66 Hemi Satellite, a 69.5 Super Bee, so the impact still lingers. Since 1987, have been involved in the manufacturing of some of the items that make these cars what they are. If any of you have attended the Chryslers at Carlisle, Mopar Nats, Indy Cylinder Head Show, there is a good possibility that you have walked through our spaces. Hopefully I can help others on this site and learn as well as there is always new things to learn with these old cars. I always welcome messages and phone calls if anyone has any questions or concerns as this hobby / business has been very good to me.
Richard O'Shields
Restoration Parts and Materials, RPM

A12

Reaction score
Hi Richard, welcome on board!

MikeR

Like to talk to you about shedding some "light" on an idea for one of the options that was available on all :encouragement: of your cars.
<-------Hey 440 posts....all three of my '69's are 440's :tickled_pink:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StatusOnline

Join Date Jul 2009
Posts 440 <---------------------------------------------
Thanks Received 40
Thanks Given 10

Last edited:

69bfan

Reaction score
Mike,
I am over on the Lift Off Hood site as well and post over there as well. I spoke to you over at Columbus at the Mopar Nats a number of years ago. This past year we had the 40 by 100 tent with the 71 Cuda convertible and 69 Big Block Dart in our tent if you should have attended and remember. As I tell people, just because it should have came that way does not mean it is always true. Back in the day, if the car sitting at the dealership had bucket seats and no headrest, no problem, they would go out and swap out a pair from a car on the lot with head rest to make a sale. You did not like the style of hub caps on the car and saw a set you liked better, no problem, quick 10 minute swap. Same thing done at the factories as it would be coded one way, but built to a different spec. It is very sad that we are losing the knowledge that all of these older retired Chrysler employees had from the zone managers, service managers, factory assembly line employees to the dealership employees. I have even thought of trying to put together say a question and answer session say at the The Nats to assemble a group of these employees and open it up to a question and answer format. Like I said earlier, this is always a learning experience.
Richard

A12

Reaction score
Mike,
I am over on the Lift Off Hood site as well and post over there as well. I spoke to you over at Columbus at the Mopar Nats a number of years ago.
Richard, great memory....and just to show you that I never forgot that day, it was August 12, 2007 around 3:00 pm. .............reason I remember was first it was great talking to you that day and I purchased a few things from you and I remember you telling me where and who I should see about purchasing a part that you were out of or wasn't as correct as the part from another vendor at the Nat's. I never forgot that (as you can see). What a straight up person you are and as I said I never forgot that or that day. People like you Richard are few and far between, BIG THANKS :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mike

69bfan

Reaction score
Mike, thanks for the compliments. Awesome memory, I am pretty good at remembering things and events, but I am awful at remembering names. I had much rather lose a sale than have a disgruntled customer. These cars are huge investments from a financial, physical and emotional aspect and so many vendors had rather sell a piece knowing that they will probably never deal with you again. Even though we are very incognito and do not readily advertise, I have been attending and vending at these events which will this year will be our 30th anniversary. Very few vendors or participants can say that and just supports our desire to improve the hobby. I just hate to see people spending good money on a piece that I know is going to cause them problems. Just like door seals, I always ask if the originals are salvageable. Just replace the clips and save yourself a minimum of $50 and still have a seal that fits better than any of the reproductions. Put that $50 towards the plating or some other needed piece.
I appreciate your attention to the details and the research that you put into your questions and answers. I always read your responses on the different Forums for I always learn something new. I am one of those detail freaks who is looking much deeper than the outside appearance and trying to soak up the knowledge from those around us.
Granted I enjoy the manufacturing and selling of the products, but I truly do enjoy helping others to enjoy these cars and hobby. Since I was less than 3 weeks old, I have been in different aspects of being around race cars or other automotive ventures and I have to say that it has provided for me very well both financially and through life long friends that are family to us.
Since officially retiring from my engineering background, I now have a bit more time to devote to the Forums and hopefully assisting others. I am still working 10 hour days doing things around the shop and such, but it is at my own agenda. So many people in this hobby want to do things and then they just jump in and they then become disgruntled because of a bad experience. If we can help to avoid those circumstances, then I will be satisfied that we were a success.
I always invite phone calls and will spend the amount of time that is necessary to answer any and all questions. Hope to see everyone in 2017, just stop by and say hello. I will be in Kisseemme next week and then the Indy Cylinder Head Show is right around the corner in March.
Thanks,
Richard

Danomt

Reaction score
Welcome from Montana :wave:
I have always said that to be a good salesman you have to have the ability to communicate, You got it Richard. Happy to hear from ya..... DanO

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome from Fl. Look's like you are well known so maybe you can help shed some light on problem's that some of us guy's are asking about. Catch you latter.:applouse:

Back