• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 RR Hardtop Quarter window trim

WWheeler

Reaction score
I have a '70 RR hardtop and was missing the SS trim between the qtr glass and door glass. This piece actually mounts on the door glass. I bought a L&R trim from a salvage yard last week. As luck would have it, I found the ones that came with the car when the package arrived.

I am not saying the trims that came with the car are correct because the glass and regulators were disassembled when I bought the car. Attached are the two different ones I have. The one that came with the car is slightly longer, but more importantly, has a white plastic spring loaded slider towards the lower edge. The salvage piece doesn't have that or even a provision for the slider and spring. Other than that, they identical. Some profile and same sealing strip.

So the question is which is correct for a '70 RR hardtop. If it is the salvage piece, anybody have an idea what the trim with the slider is for?

Thanks!

hardtop trim 1.jpg

hardtop trim 2.jpg

hardtop trim 3.jpg

Back