• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR seat belt diagram

WWheeler

Reaction score
Does anybody have access to a factory or other diagram that shows how the seal belts were configured? I have a bench seat and the belts were not in the car when I bought it. I have all of the necessary pieces from Upholstery Mods and more, but not sure how it all goes together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

quikbird

Reaction score
2 buckles and a tab go off the right of the driver. Lap belt, shoulder belt, and tab for middle of the seat. 2 buckles and one tab on left of passenger. Middle seat passenger buckle, passenger buckle for shoulder harness, and tab for lap belt. On passenger side the buckle on the outside by itself. Driver side has a tab on the outside. Think they did all that since most folks are right handed So put buckle on right and tab on left. If you don’t like their setup, do it anyway that works for you

WWheeler

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I will need to lay it out and will use this as a guide. I don't recall seeing anything in the service or parts manuals.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quickie pretty much has you covered - except that there is only one buckle on the right side of the driveshaft tunnel (left of passenger). The buckles for the shoulder harness are up on the headliner. Here's a reference pic I took when I disassembled mine.
20180805_102256_resized.jpg

Last edited:

WWheeler

Reaction score
Nice picture and thanks. I also have (2) metal tube spacers (1/2” tall) that slide on the bolts. Have any idea where they go?

The guy who did my belts painted the bolts (3) different colors and I guess that was just to ID them because they are different lengths. My guess is from the factory, they were all a clear zinc finish. Luckily, I have a DIY plating kit from Caswell and can zinc plate these correctly. Eventhough you don’t see the bolts when installed, makes you sleep better at night knowing they are correct.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
I seem to recall the spacers going on the bolts that attach to the transmission tunnel - in between the two anchors for the belts. I can look at the car later to confirm or someone with a better memory can chime in.

My belts were also done by Bill Edwards - so I received the same set of three different bolts. I put the silver zinc plated bolts in the outside anchors (they are exposed), the gold zinc (cad?) plated bolts in the anchors that attach to the transmission tunnel, and the short black phosphate coated bolts in the rear seat belt anchors.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
After Picture. Bill does nice work on the belts. Mine were actually made from OEM webbing according to Bill20200624_075845_resized.jpg.

WWheeler

Reaction score
Bill did mine as well with the OEM webbing. My bolts actually were spray painted with the different colors. Not a big deal but I am going to blast them and then replate them in clear zinc. I can also do the black zinc and the yellow zinc, but will just keep them all the same. If anybody is interested, this is the DIY plating kit I use. https://caswellplating.com/electroplating-anodizing/zinc-plating-kits.html You get fantastic results with small batches. With larger batches of parts, you are better off going to a plater. The DIY kit can be time consuming.

Thanks for the picture! Don't by chance have a pic of the shoulder belts on the roof line? BTW, the blue interior looks sharp!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I too like the blue. Wife's GTS 'vert also has a blue interior. We have blue coming out of our ears - LOL.

No pics of the shoulder belts - but I can take some if you need them.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I do remember one of the spacers on my car was in the back seat belts seperating the belts so they dont bind if that makes sense. Maybe both but I'm not taking my seat out to look LOL

WWheeler

Reaction score
I would think the spacer would be for any bolt that has a two separate belts on it. These anchor bolts are like shoulder bolts and need to be torqued down to the body. That then allows the plates to move freely on the shoulder area. But I cannot imagine you want the plates rubbing on each other and thus the reason for the spacer. Maybe I am over thinking this!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I do remember one of the spacers on my car was in the back seat belts seperating the belts so they dont bind if that makes sense. Maybe both but I'm not taking my seat out to look LOL
I don't blame you on that one. Still have not been able to get mine to clip in. Just letting it stay where it is.

Back