• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71 road runner sun visors - where to purchase new ones w/ mounting hardware?

road robert

Reaction score
Hello Gang, both sun visors on my '71 rr are seized and I would like to replace with new, however I can only find them without the metal parts they swing on and mount. Where can I find a pair of new ones with all the associated hardware? I tried soaking the originals with PB blaster for months and they still don't budge... Thanks!

road robert

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Do yours slide on. Legendary have the visors. But don't know if they have the ones for 71. I would think so. Post some pic's of what you have. Dose the visor turn on the pivot shaft.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
One last thing to try is to soak them with vinegar and water. Three parts water and one part vinegar. My pivot shaft on the windshield wiper's where stuck fast. I soaked them for almost a week then they freed up then washed with clean water and used JB blaster on them. Just remember the vinegar and water will eat up metal if you leave it too long in the solution. Freed up a brake cable the same way too about a week of soaking and it started to slid back an forth. Then finished cleaning it with JB Blaster. Then WD 40. Maybe this will help you out.

Back