• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 torqueflite backup light switch?

woodwiz

Reaction score
I’ve noticed several aftermarket parts folks have pictures and descriptions of their backup light switches and some have a rubber gasket and some don’t. When I switch it out am I going to lose some tranny fluid and is the gasket a must?

V.R.D

Reaction score
it is a concave washer that is Teflon coated yes you will lose fluid if you are quick you might lose 1/2 quart just top off

woodwiz

Reaction score
Back to the neutral safety/reverse backup light switch…A tranny guy said there is a little lever or finger inside that activates and deactivated the switch and either it is broke or someone serviced it and may have forgot to put it back in correctly,don’t know yet. Anybody had this issue with their 727 torqueflite?

V.R.D

Reaction score
the rooster [slang term ] that has the detentes for p.n.d.2.1. is mettle and would need to brake i have never seen unless you blow the direct drum .
the switch is a spring loaded switch to slide along the rooster and there 2 spots that touch the switch of the rooster to make the ground for the starter relay.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
On my Challenger the reverse light comes on in every gear except when in park? Any ideas why it would stay on in R,N,3,2,1??? For now I just removed the bulb.

Back