• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A arm bushings.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
When taking out the bushing's found that one side had a spacer pressed on it also. Thought it was apart of the arm but it popped off. Any one know which side it went on. Have not taken the right side one down yet so figured it went in the same side as the other one. Going to put one back together before moving on to the next one. Getting to old to remember what goes where. Even taking pic's. These things are a bugger to work on. Looked on U tube and they don't show putting them back together very well. Darn want to put it back in the same place. Infor would be a big help. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
No did not get the socket to remove the ball joint. It pressed out due too the thread's where rusted off the ball joint. The thread's in the upper control arm where good. I will screw the other one out though. When removing the bushings their was a space on the inside of one of them. Should have marked which one it came off of. Darn. Have not taken the right side one down yet. So thinking that bushing or spacer would go back in the same place as the other side. The B body restoration book show's it on the older B body's. My thinking if one side is to the rear bushing do the same with the side I have tore down. Getting ahead of my self trying to get it done. Hope I described the problem. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So the screw driver is pointing at the right side upper control arm bushing where the spacer is. It is turned around so I could get the picture. The space is on the back bushing on the right side. So think the left side bushing to the rear should get the spacer. Thanks for the help. I would pull my hair out but don't have enough to pull out any more. LOL. Frustrated is not the word for it. :BangHead:

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0102 (1).JPG

IMG_0103 (1).JPG

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They are not spacers. They are sleeves. They go on the back side of the bushing - inside the control arm. They are a support sleeve to add strength. Most cars don't have them because they were either not factory equipped or because they frequently got cut off or split in two to remove them - and were never put back on. I had one car that only had one on each side...I'm sure that there had to be a story there... Put them back on, don't put them back on, your call...like I said, most MoPars don't even have them at this point.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Here is pic's of it before pushing out the bushing's Looks like the spacer goes on the rear one. So here is a pic before removing the bushing's. No it is not too good wish I had taken better one's. Russ. First pic is left side second pic is right side. Look's like it goes on the rear bushing inside. Both would be on the back bushing. Think I am rite may be. Russ. IMG_0104.JPG IMG_0103.JPG

69B7RR

Reaction score
If I remember right, there is only one sleeve per arm, and used only on the rear bushing.....but verify via others or FSM.

I’m missing mine......If possible, could u provide measurements for the sleeve, including the inner & outer diameter areas......Jim

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It was odd that one looked bigger than the other. But when pressing them out the sleeve went rolling across the floor. Yes they go to the back after reviewing my pic's figured it out. Know that the hemi may be different don't know why but it is possible. :BangHead:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
If I remember right, there is only one sleeve per arm, and used only on the rear bushing.....but verify via others or FSM.

I’m missing mine......If possible, could u provide measurements for the sleeve, including the inner & outer diameter areas......Jim
Here is the best I can do for you with a caliper and tape measure. 10 and half 16th long. Id 1 3/16th but it should press on may be a few thou. either way. If you measure the bushing then add a couple of thou. to that it pressed on. Out side is one inch and 6/16th hope this help's you out 69B7RR.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You know maybe Summit has that spacer. I did not ask them because I have them. Know I did not see them in classic book just the bushing's. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Any time 69B7RR. Just passing on what I can. Like to be of some help because so may have helped me on the site. How far are you along on your car. :thumbsup2:

Back