• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE A833 Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Russ:
Tried to send this via private message, but your message box is apparently "full". Popular guy.

A 833 Mopar 4 Speed Trans
$1,000
Green Bay, WI

Rebuilt 1969 A 833 23 spline 4 speed. Casting n stamping numbers pictured. Super Bee Road Runner Charger R/T.

I recall you were converting you're car back to a manual? Didn't know if you had the unit or not. I saw this on the "Mopar Trader Page" on Facebook. A833.jpg A833 -2.jpg "Tom Barnhart" is the guy selling it. I have no idea who he is.

RonLiv

Reaction score
It better be rebuilt for that money
Yah, I know nothing about it or the seller. I also don't know how hard these are to find or what they go for. He does say in his add it's rebuilt. So, thought I'd throw it out there. I think another guy was looking as well, I don't remember. But no bell housing.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I picked up two of these last year. One b-body in great condition and no leaks drove it before it was pulled $500. Then a 70 b-e-body for my brothers e-body 4 speed conversion that needed 2nd gear and resealed for $550. Passon was paying $400 for cores

RonLiv

Reaction score
I picked up two of these last year. One b-body in great condition and no leaks drove it before it was pulled $500. Then a 70 b-e-body for my brothers e-body 4 speed conversion that needed 2nd gear and resealed for $550. Passon was paying $400 for cores
So a grand is not to far off from a fair ask for one that's been rebuilt?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You got it. I have see several cleaned, painted and then misrepresented in the ad. If no proof of a rebuild I will ask to remove the cover and I will pay for the gasket. Some mixed reactions LOL. Its a 4-500 dollar core to me is what I offer without a peak inside

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks RonLiv for thinking of me. Well I got mine out of Co. paid 450 for it and about 250 shipping. Luck would have it I got the rebuild kit for it and when I opened it up it was already rebuilt. The story is this guy has a shop and put a 5 speed trans. in for the guy and ended up with this one. Now I have a kit with seals and bearing's in it form Passion. Will keep it. Also new sink's. I mean this thing even had new shift fork's in it. So think I got a good deal. Bought it about two year's ago. Got my Bell housing- fly wheel from a guy in Melborne Fl. The fly wheel look's like band new. Bell housing has a little crack at the top but it is weldable. Going with single disc clutch and have all the parts waiting for me to finish the body. Russ. Oh Guess I can drop SGTlee511 off my PM list don't think I will here from him again.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Thanks RonLiv for thinking of me. Well I got mine out of Co. paid 450 for it and about 250 shipping. Luck would have it I got the rebuild kit for it and when I opened it up it was already rebuilt. The story is this guy has a shop and put a 5 speed trans. in for the guy and ended up with this one. Now I have a kit with seals and bearing's in it form Passion. Will keep it. Also new sink's. I mean this thing even had new shift fork's in it. So think I got a good deal. Bought it about two year's ago. Got my Bell housing- fly wheel from a guy in Melborne Fl. The fly wheel look's like band new. Bell housing has a little crack at the top but it is weldable. Going with single disc clutch and have all the parts waiting for me to finish the body. Russ. Oh Guess I can drop SGTlee511 off my PM list don't think I will here from him again.
I'd say, sounds like a good deal to me. This one has no bell housing to come with, so an added cost.

RonLiv

Reaction score
You got it. I have see several cleaned, painted and then misrepresented in the ad. If no proof of a rebuild I will ask to remove the cover and I will pay for the gasket. Some mixed reactions LOL. Its a 4-500 dollar core to me is what I offer without a peak inside
Agree there, this one sure looks nice and pretty on the outside, but that's the easy part. Sound advice.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Guy. I have all the running gear. But have to finish the DARN BODY!!!!!!! :lol: Oh yes DAVE I am Turning wrenches and typing on the computer at the same time. I can multitask. :beep::kartman:And drink a beer at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back