• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

air cleaner lids

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Are all the oval lids for air grabbers be it a hemi, 440 6bbl, 383 or 340 the same as far as wing nut location? Mine is in far condition with the old stickers on it and I would like to hang it on the wall and buy one to restore for the car. :popcorn:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Are all the oval lids for air grabbers be it a hemi, 440 6bbl, 383 or 340 the same as far as wing nut location? Mine is in far condition with the old stickers on it and I would like to hang it on the wall and buy one to restore for the car. :popcorn:
no I know 383 is way different from a six pac style ., Hemi may be the same as one of them but i'm not sure ? see how the rear wing nut bolt is way far back and close to the rear , on a 383 it is alot more forward .

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bob:

I got this pic from Dave Carson over at the A12 website for you. It shows the three different versions. According to his info the ones for the '69 383/440 are the same as the Hemi for '69 to '71.

From left to right this picture shows:
1st - 1969 383/440 4bbl - also used on 1969 to 1971 HEMI cars
2nd - 1970 to 1971 440 Six Pack/Six Barrel cars
3rd - A reproduction 1969-1/2 for 440 Six Pack/Six Barrel cars. Also used on 1970 T/A and AAR 340 Six Pack/Six Barrel cars

Hope this helps,
Ray

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Bob:

I got this pic from Dave Carson over at the A12 website for you. It shows the three different versions. According to his info the ones for the '69 383/440 are the same as the Hemi for '69 to '71.

From left to right this picture shows:
1st - 1969 383/440 4bbl - also used on 1969 to 1971 HEMI cars
2nd - 1970 to 1971 440 Six Pack/Six Barrel cars
3rd - A reproduction 1969-1/2 for 440 Six Pack/Six Barrel cars. Also used on 1970 T/A and AAR 340 Six Pack/Six Barrel cars

Hope this helps,
Ray
i figured it was something like that oh and dont tell the decal nazi about my creative years and decal locations LOL

A12

Reaction score
Does this mean the only difference is the Six Pack/6BBL lid has either the wide edge lip for the A12's and AAR/TA or no lip and would fit either 3X2 multi-carb stud location, and the other lid fits anything and everything else; 383/440 4BBL, Hemi 2x4BBL?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I would like to hang it on the wall and buy one to restore for the car. :popcorn:

naw...it would look much better on my car.....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
A12 said:
Does this mean the only difference is the Six Pack/6BBL lid has either the wide edge lip for the A12's and AAR/TA or no lip and would fit either 3X2 multi-carb stud location, and the other lid fits anything and everything else; 383/440 4BBL, Hemi 2x4BBL?

That is my understanding as well, Mike...

It's interesting that they chose the wide-lipped lid for all fiberglass hood applications...do you think that the thought process was as simple as providing a wider lip might somehow prolong the air filter's life in the event of exposure to rain, etc...? If so, it sure didn't work... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
69hemibeep said:
I would like to hang it on the wall and buy one to restore for the car. :popcorn:

...I saw that reply coming from a mile away... :lol:

Mike, you must have taken a lid with you to Carlisle and had all of the Big Guns autograph it for you at the PSP unveiling, right? Bob K., Al Adam, Ted, Herb, and Tom are all easy to make out, but to whom do the other four autographs belong? Nice Piece BTW!!! :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:
69hemibeep said:

Mike, you must have taken a lid with you to Carlisle and had all of the Big Guns autograph it for you at the PSP unveiling, right? Bob K., Al Adam, Ted, Herb, and Tom are all easy to make out, but to whom do the other four autographs belong? Nice Piece BTW!!! :thumbsup:

A little denatured alcohol and a rag and that lid will look good as new.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
naw...it would look much better on my car.....[/quote]

:jester:[/quote]

A little denatured alcohol and a rag and that lid will look good as new.[/quote]
John are you talking about mine or the signed one of a12. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Sturat, your spoiled, A/C and a vert :cheers:
well driving that 383 69 RR for 24 years , with manual steering ,manual brakes. Bench column shift old school ride . I figured i would treat my self and build the convertible wth all the creature comforts to driver the wheels off it . I put buckets console , and power disc up front on it also . :drive:

Back