• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Grabber 4BBL Filter element

Collin

Reaction score
So I bought a six pack element from classic industries. It came in a box labeled Bouchillon Performance. The filter isn't even close to fitting my base. Its too long and also too tall, when I place the lid on top the studs do not even reach the holes. I am sending it back for the filter listed on YearOne. The year one filter says it will fit hemi, six pack and 4bbl air grabber cars. Sent one $140 filter back for another $140 filter.

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There are several different ones, Hemi, 6bbl and 4bbl are all different

Ranger

Reaction score
WOW! My first Runner had the air grabber and I was somewhat disappointed that this one didn't...............................until I saw the cost of the filter.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I went with the K&N for mine. Got it off the bay a couple of years ago, was under $70. Not stock looking, but for the cost I can live with it.Coyote Duster b.jpg

Coyote Duster b.jpg

Ranger

Reaction score
I am very leery of K & N. They claim "to achieve high, virtually unrestricted air flow", and most studies I've seen claim that they pass more dirt particles to do it. I won't touch them.

Collin

Reaction score
So is there a difference between a six pack element and 4bbl? I mean the one I had wasn't even close. Hopefully this year one product will fit!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
no...same thing, the base of the air cleaner is different(three holes instead of one)

Collin

Reaction score
I'm just wondering why this last filter fit so awful... Hopefully better luck with the year one product

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I have a beat up old Fram filter, and the K&N I bought fits just as well as the Fram.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Back in 2005 I bought 2 cases of elements for 80 bucks and sold most of them for 50 each. Thought I was doing pretty well at the time.

Back