• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

air grabber

ricks_RR

Reaction score
has any one here put the air grabber set-up made in canada on there 69 road runner .if so what problems did you have if any .
I want to buy one but have had no luck finding any one that has bought it and put it on there cars .

ricks_RR

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I'm working on this myself. I emailed a company in Canada relative to fitment, but never heard anything from them. I found the same air grabber kit at moparplus and they lowered the price when I advised them of the Canadian site's price. I have ordered the base, large orange lid, and filter. I'm waiting for it to come in.

I inquired as to fitment and clearance and was advised that it would be fine with the OE intake manifold.

ricks_RR

Reaction score
ok I am looking for the plastic 3 piece that is riveted on the hood to see how it fits

ricks_RR

Reaction score
thank you that's awesome better price then I found .but how does it fit does it need shims or is it a fit like the original

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Look at the link for the upper. It has pop rivets to secure it to the hood. I have not ordered one yet, as I'm awaiting the engine rebuild to get her back home. I should have the base and lid next week.

If you by chance do locate a better price, with the same parts numbers, email them and Jason will probably meet their price. He did on the base and changed it on their site.

ricks_RR

Reaction score
great I have not seen a better price where are these made .I am really looking to order it soon

69B5

Reaction score
I have the correct hood on my 69 RR to accept an air grabber but i'm not sure if one would fit.
Does any one have any measurements ? Especially the height.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Do you have an OE intake manifold or an aftermarket? You need to watch the height of it. From what I've been advised, most aftermarket intake manifolds cause a fitment issue due to height. There are a few that have the same deck height as the OE.

ricks_RR

Reaction score
if the hood is the original to the car then all the hood will take the airgrabber set up .just watch out make sure there is not a spacer block under the carb that will put it up to high and not work

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
383 road runners and 440 GTX used a different air cleaner on air grabbers do to deck height be careful.

69B5

Reaction score
I do believe it is the original intake manifold but it does look like spacer blocks under the carb.

ricks_RR

Reaction score
etelbrok makes a low profile spacer .it stops heat from boiling the gas out of the carb and works well only about 1/2 inch high .I am hoping that it will work if I pick up the airgrabber set up :yesnod:

69B5

Reaction score
I just had a thought.
Is the air grabber the same as the ram charger?
If so, I could measure the ram charger on my 440

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just had a thought.
Is the air grabber the same as the ram charger?
If so, I could measure the ram charger on my 440

Same set-up, Fran. Just different decals. Here's some info from the 1966 - 1970 B-Body Restoration Book.

air_grabber_zps6uyqopvi.jpg

Back