• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alignment

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Got my 68 RR wheel alignment done last week. this is a one man shop and all this shop does is alignments. I was last one for the day and he worked on it an extra hour or so. (No additional fee)
He stated upon completion, "the left side caster angle is higher than maximum specified amount. Adjusted it to make it lower but it would not come into the specified range. The right side camber angle was more negative than the minimum specified amount. He adjusted it to make it as positive as possible, but it was still lower than the minimum specified amount. There is a 1 degree difference in the steering axis inclination. The upper control arms have been replaced and show no signs of damage. The steering axis inclination difference show a possibility of a bent steering knuckle. The front sub-frame may also have damage."
all steering parts are new as are the tires and have about 20 miles on it so I don't think the steering knuckle is bent. I've heard the terms - caster, camber, inclination, but I don't really understand the meanings. The car steers strait as an arrow. But he was not satisfied with the results. The car is 54years old and at least three of the four quarter panels have been replaced prior to my ownership. Attached are the results for those of you who understand the numbers. Is it common for these cars to be out a little?

Attachments

• CCF_000009.pdf
    284.2 KB · Views: 4

V.R.D

Reaction score
ok so if you read the factory service manual the speck's are there now with that said the cam bolts and the area they go in to and hold in place can be bent and or rusted and may not keep the cam in place. there are better upper control arm to get the settings correct do some looking and you will see.

Back