Aluminum heads

Engine & Related

1. 1969Claw

1969Claw New Member

Feb 1, 2018
    I have a 69 RR with P&P 452 88cc heads. Looking for a winter project, has anyone tried/run Indy EZ, Trick Flow C00 or Edelbrock Performer RPM heads? Any other mfg you would recommend? My 440 has .505 lift, 510 HP, 580 ft-lb, 4 speed

2. IQ52

IQ52 Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Having run all three, the Trick Flow is by far the most refined of the bunch. It will however raise your present compression ratio one full point. And it is critical that you check the valve guide clearance on the Trick Flow heads as I've found them to be too tight. I've had to hone the guides on every Trick Flow head I've had in the shop. They all need to be prepared by a good cylinder head shop before being used.

Danomt and Goon like this.
  3. 1969Claw

1969Claw New Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Do you think -10cc will increase the compression one full point? I will have whatever head I buy checked before installing

Danomt likes this.
  4. quikbird

quikbird Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    I have the ez heads on my engine and have had no problems with them.

5. IQ52

IQ52 Member

Apr 10, 2016
    The compression ratio is a pretty simple calculation which I did before I posted my reply. So, I don't think so, I know so.

Danomt likes this.
  6. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    I did the Edelbrock E-Street heads on my Valiant. They have an 84cc which is close to stock and a 75cc which I used with a thin gasket to pick up more than 1 compression point I started with a low compression 440 so I'm around 9.8 to 1

7. Coyote

Coyote Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    A suggestion with what I’ve had decent luck with. Bargain 440 Source heads with a cnc workover by KG Engines in Kansas, OH. KG has a display at almost all MOPAR events I’ve attended and are the Real (!) deal!:thumbsup::beep:

8. Terry Hauck

Terry Hauck Choadicus

Sep 6, 2017
    Yes 440 Source Stealth heads are very good too.

9. bigmanjbmopar

bigmanjbmopar Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Call Bruce Toth google the name if you need to! I had a set of stealth heads and they had to be clearenced for the oush rods and then i overheated once and they warped enough to cause exhaust gasses in the coolant. Bruces heads come already ported and clearenced etc for the same price shipped! Toth perfornance in Penn call him dont waste your money on stealths trick flows would be the next best.