• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another newbie from nortern Ohio

tubbs

Reaction score
my name is Al Matheny. i live in Mantua Ohio (half way between Akron and Cleveland. I'm 50, married (23 years) with 2 boys (16 and 8). i am a designer.

i currently own a 69 Satillite (shhhh, its being cloned, hope thats OK?). its pro streeted, 440, 727, 4:88 Dana.

looking forward to chating with you all.
Al (Tubbs) Matheny

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome Al - we don't mind a cloned Sat. - especially a pro-street beast! We do, however demand :jester: pics!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Welcome and please punch Lebron for us all! Sick of him being on 24/7. Looks like you are close enough to get the job done for us. :beep:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome fellow Buceye and Northern Neighbor! Love to see pics of your Plymouth. 20 minumum is the usual requirement...... :jester:

tubbs

Reaction score
thanks for all the warm welcomes. this must be a great site, i have 10 replies in less than 24 hours.... very cool!!

hey Dobie, do you run with the mopar club in Wooster, been to the show a few times they have down there.

basketcase, there are pictures posted under "picts" "1969 pro street"

George, love pro street, cant get enough. where can i see shots of your beast?

somecarguy, if you think you have had enough of LeBron, you cant walk 10 feet without seeing some sort of "stay here" crap. its everywhere. if he does leave, he will put himself ahead of Art Model in the most hated sports figure here in cleveland (steelers not part of that list!)

John69RR

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Tubbs. :cheers: :cheers: Mantua thats close to Hiram College where the Cleveland Browns once held camp. I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio.

tubbs

Reaction score
John69RR said:
Welcome to the site Tubbs. :cheers: :cheers: Mantua thats close to Hiram College where the Cleveland Browns once held camp. I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio.

thats exactly right. you were the smart one though, you got out! wanna change places?

have a great day,
Tubbs

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
since you're new, just want to make sure you know I'm not bashing your fair city my fellow Ohioan. I'm a Steeler fan. Not a faniac, you won't see me freezing my ass off with my body all painted up black and gold. Our QB is an arrogant asshole, no matter how good his arm is. The Pirates suck, and the Pens are good. The wife has had to go up to the Cleveland Clinic several times. The thing that gets me, is that you'd never know Cleveland had three professional sports teams. As bad as they are, you go to Pittsburgh, and in the summer you'll see Pirate stuff all over town, in the hospitals, etc. It just seems like Cleveland doesnn't support their teams.

John69RR

Reaction score
Well Dave it's been almost 30 years since I moved here. The Browns always seemed to be the more popular team. Even when they have off years they still get good crowds at the stadium. The Tribe, well they had a couple good runs, '95 and '97 then again a few years ago. I can say that when I do get to visit there are a lot of yard signs promoting the sports teams. Thats something you don't see here.

tubbs

Reaction score
John69RR said:
Well Dave it's been almost 30 years since I moved here. The Browns always seemed to be the more popular team. Even when they have off years they still get good crowds at the stadium. The Tribe, well they had a couple good runs, '95 and '97 then again a few years ago. I can say that when I do get to visit there are a lot of yard signs promoting the sports teams. Thats something you don't see here.

good answer. this town is really split between true fans and the fans that fall off the wagon when things start going bad. i'm 50, lived here all my live and have been a diehard tribe and browns fan. fans up here really shift gears (hey, like that, got a car related statement in) between baseball and football. i would have to say that the browns are well represented all year.

LeBron was taking up ALOT of the spotlite for the 7 years he was here. people are starving for a championship up here.... thanks allot Mesa!!!

have a great day,
Tubbs

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah it's easy to be a fair weather fan, but the true fans shine when the team ain't doin so good. seams like the Browns do good, then fall off. they are due for their time(just not against Pittsburgh :D )

Back