• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any original paint 69 post roadrunner's out there

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Trying to determine if the inner part of the pillar is painted interior door frame/interior color or the body color of the car??

I've been looking all over online and see both ways. Which is correct?

Thanks!

Bill Monk

Reaction score
Trying to determine if the inner part of the pillar is painted interior door frame/interior color or the body color of the car??

I've been looking all over online and see both ways. Which is correct?

Thanks!

Typically, yes but the data plate should tell you. For example, my cars data plate has B5 B5 indicating the same color but I have seen cars of the same color exterior that have B5 B7

Roadtrip

Reaction score
I think I understand what you're saying.

the data plate does say x9.

My car is q5 with black interior, when restored they didn't take a picture of the inner pillar, so as it stands right now it is Q5 even though I suspect it should be black.

This said, I've seen a yellow car with black interior online, that had a yellow pillar on the inside, perhaps that car should be black too.

Really hoping if some has an original paint car can post a few pics...

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
My post where painted black on my two post 69 Runner. Of course the car had black interior. All I had was a back seat that was black. The rest of the trim was gone. But that part was original. Hope this helps. :popcorn:

MsBeep

Reaction score
My 1969 RM21 has a black interior. X9 on the data plate and R4 Body paint. When I replaced the headliner and upholstery I found that the post trim and inner doors were body colour with an overspray of black behind the trim.

grant4405

Reaction score
i bought my RM21 post new in may, 1969. the exterior is B5 blue and the interior is also blue and so is the post and it is still original. don't know what the data plate says. the interior seems to be a bit darker than the exterior but I am sure that is the effects of the sun and time.

Back