• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any other cops (or former/retired cops) on the forum??

Bird Man Of AZ

Reaction score
Curious if there are any Roadrunner owners who are fellow law enforcement types. If so, thank you for your service.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
There is one I know of right now. We had two at one time but he sold his runner. That was a sad day we became good friends while he was restoring his runner at the same time as I was. :drinks:

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
Steve,

You know you got me on the roster! I just hope we don't have to pay any Union dues... wait, do we have to pay Union dues?? Hahahah

It would be cool to have a few more LE on here.

Bird Man Of AZ

Reaction score
Think it is time to enjoy life and your cars Plybeep68. :thumbsup2::beep:
I agree with Russ. Pull the pin and bail out into retirement. Plus, I know I don't need to tell you but these days are a terrible time to be in what was once our respected profession. With the current political and cultural climate, I couldn't imagine still being a cop. So, get that paperwork started, Brother!! :)

1657465351950.png

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
2017 model, It was assigned to me back in November 2021 and it only had 28K miles. Notice the ghost graphics?

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
It's overall one of the better patrol cars I've driven, I've been in a Charger since 2007, this 2017 is the best handling, strong mid range, I had a 2012 that was the fastest at 156 MPH with the help of grade/elevation. First patrol car I drove was a very tired 1978 Monaco with a 440, then a 1988 Fury with a 318. Throw in a LTD and some Crown Vics. I even tried a 2021 Explorer

Bird Man Of AZ

Reaction score
It's overall one of the better patrol cars I've driven, I've been in a Charger since 2007, this 2017 is the best handling, strong mid range, I had a 2012 that was the fastest at 156 MPH with the help of grade/elevation. First patrol car I drove was a very tired 1978 Monaco with a 440, then a 1988 Fury with a 318. Throw in a LTD and some Crown Vics. I even tried a 2021 Explorer
My favorite has always been the mid-90's Chevy Caprice Classic with the LT1 engine. It didn't have the top-end speed of the Charger, but I loved its handling, acceleration and overall ergonomic comfort. (That's me below in my issued LE driving instructor vehicle. circa 2007.)

D0CV9987-BOLANDER1a.jpg

I'm old school, so it's difficult for me watching the transition from the traditional sedans to the new trend of SUV's (Explorers & Tahoes). I feel the same way about the Harleys being phased out in favor of the recent Honda crotch-rockets. Yep, I'm an old sentimental dinosaur. Oh, well . . .

Last edited:
Back