Anyone else get excited for the parts search

General Discussion

1. 6PKRTSE

6PKRTSE Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I didn't need another project but now that I have the 70' Road Runner that needs everything. I enjoy the parts hunt. Of course most everything is over priced but I do find some good deals once in a while. Just need to be patient.

TOMRR likes this.
  2. RonLiv

RonLiv Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2017
    I had fun looking and bugging everybody on any forum page I could resource. I do kinda miss the process.

3. dmartin

dmartin Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Well you know that if it has Mopar on it somewhere the price goes up double or triple

4. 6PKRTSE

6PKRTSE Member

Oct 1, 2018
    True, but I just can't bring myself to buy a Chevy with another dang cowl induction hood no matter how much cheaper they are.

5. RonLiv

RonLiv Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2017
    :lol:

6. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    When you get all done there is an emptiness so I started another then another :lol:

RonLiv likes this.
  7. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Not me buddy's when this one is done going to drive the heck out of it. To old to start another project. But you get on the hunt for something for these runner's and your on the computer till 3 or 4 am. trying to find what your looking for. To find new door latches was a real challenge. Found them in a truck forum they where brand new. So thing's are out their but have to be innovative in the search. :thumbsup2:

8. Big John

Big John Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke

Sep 8, 2008
    It depends on what the parts hunt really is.... Is it opening a catalog (or web page) and getting a credit card out or is it looking through boxes at swap meets and talking to people to find the real deal, made in the USA parts that the car was built with?

I've begrudgingly used repop parts, but I'll fix/repair/restore an original part whenever I can. There's next to zero repop parts available for my '70 300 vert... and the parts hunt is much more fun.

9. droptop

droptop Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008

Went through this with my 75 RR. But I enjoy the hunt.

10. Basketcase

Basketcase Keeper of the Green

Sep 10, 2008
    that was the best part on my last car. I'd spend most of two days at The Nats looking thru parts. Prices can be high, but do your research, and get a price in mind you are willing to pay and stick with it. There will be times you will pass a part up, taking the risk it won't be there later to look for a cheaper one. I almost always found a better deal. e bay, the car sites all can have deals.

11. dmartin

dmartin Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    R
    uss there is a guy from Cartersville ga on the net mopar9999 try him out prett reasonable

12. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    Thanks dmartin. Hope like heck I have got all the strange part's bought. Between parts mix. Classic and a few more should have it sowed up. Maybe!!!!!!!!

13. Sonny's 68 Beep

Sonny's 68 Beep New Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Hey this is Sonny's 68 Beep I have some parts so send me a message on what you need. Be glad to help and I don't sell for crazy prices Just Let me know ! Thanks Sonny

14. 6PKRTSE

6PKRTSE Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Always looking but the Road Runner is project #4 on the list right now. Charger #1"has always been my driver. My Challenger is about 90% done. Then it is on to Charger #2.

15. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    :D

16. 6PKRTSE

6PKRTSE Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Technically, I gave my 70' Road Runner to my oldest Son & the other (2ND) 70's Charger to my youngest Son but they are still in my possession. I am not in this hobby for the money. I am in this hobby for the love of cars. Hopefully, to pass on the torch to my Son's now that they are getting older. I was able to score a bunch of parts from a very nice gentleman that had leftover from finishing his car & gave me everything as pictured since it was for my Son for $100.00. This is why I get excited for this hobby. Not everyone is out there to try to make a killing on parts or a car. Nice to know deals are still out there. Even got a fender tag for an old 70' Satellite/Belvedere also in the package deal.

20170630_215622.jpg

20170630_215737.jpg

20170630_215801.jpg

20170630_215809.jpg

20170630_215827.jpg

20170630_215929.jpg

17. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    Good score

18. Russ69Runner