• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back up light and neutral safety switch harness.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I have the four speed manual trans. The car is early 69. Dose all the wires for the safety switch and back up light come in one harness or are their two harnesses for the application. Thanks for the help. As you would know now ordering these parts to get the motor in the car. Russ.

quikbird

Reaction score
Most new wiring harnesses, ie painless, Ron Francis, haywire, etc all have a neutral safety circuit in there which makes a great hidden kill switch, regular harness four speed does not have that

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks quikbird. It had the automatic in it when buying it. But was a four speed car. So was nothing to go buy. All info is appreciated. :thumbsup2:

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Russ69, My car was originally an automatic. it was pointed out by someone in passing to look into the back up light switch as automatic is in the steering column. After lots of looking at the schematic and a lot of tracing under the dash and in the steering column, I decided the best/easiest way was where the wiring bundle to the trunk, driver side floor at the front of the door, I forget what color wire, but locate the wire to back up lights, (schematic) cut, splice length of wire, run under flooring to shifter opening and down to transmission, that's the return, then bring power from another source and plug both into the reverse de-tent switch on the transmission.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Rumrunner. Got the harness in and it is pretty straight forward. Just plug into the bulk head connector. Two lead's one purple hot wire and a black with white tracer. It is doubled up one goes to back up light and the other goes to the revers light under dash. Some times just get ahead of my self. But starting to look like every ting is plug and play.

Back