• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

beep beep horn

fugges

Reaction score
Hello 69ers,
since my runner (69er) is in Germany the horn doesnt work so good anymore. Maybe the air of the sea from the shipping wasnt that good for the horn.
Now I am looking for a new or NOS horn. There are runner horns in violett and black, but witch one is the correkt one?
In my car is a black horn with the txpincal sticker on it, so I have to get also a black one, right. But why therer are two different colours of the horn availible?
Armin
:beep:
PS: Can someone offer me a used black beep beep horn in good condition?

A31PKG

Reaction score
Hey Armin...
All 68's and some of the very early 69's came with black horns. I don't think any one knows the exact date that they became purple. I have heard that it was sometime between late August & mid-September, but I've seen no hard facts one way or the other. I'm sure there were some early-built '69 'Runners equipped with black horns that were replaced with purple ones by the original owners too. Unless your car is an early built survivor, I say go with purple! :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
fugges said:
Hello 69ers,
since my runner (69er) is in Germany the horn doesnt work so good anymore. Maybe the air of the sea from the shipping wasnt that good for the horn.
Now I am looking for a new or NOS horn. There are runner horns in violett and black, but witch one is the correkt one?
In my car is a black horn with the txpincal sticker on it, so I have to get also a black one, right. But why therer are two different colours of the horn availible?
Armin
:beep:
PS: Can someone offer me a used black beep beep horn in good condition?
Armin. There is a tuning knob on the side you might try

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and clean the ground and hot wire. mighta got some salt air.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and clean the ground and hot wire. mighta got some salt air.

Yep and where the bracket connects to the horn. You should have a short from the bracket to the horn body.

fugges

Reaction score
nothing work, so I have to buy a new one, but I could not find one with the correct sticker and a 3-3/8" bracket forward. Where do you buy your spare parts and where can I get the horn I need (black horn with sticker and the 3-3/8 bracket)?
Maybe someone can offer me a good used one???
Armin

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
try Year One .com. although Year One shipping is usually high. And check on moparts.com in the B Body parts for sale.
there usually are some on ebay.

fugges

Reaction score
I like the white Runners from "6t9runner440" and "A31PKG", very nice colour for a Runner, looks beautifully!!!

What rims, rim- and wheels-size do you have on your Runner (photo) "Big John"?

A31PKG

Reaction score
fugges said:
I like the white Runners from "6t9runner440" and "A31PKG", very nice colour for a Runner, looks beautifully!!!

Thanks Armin! Big's wheels look like Keystone Classics (hope I'm right). They were a very popular wheel in the 60's & 70's. He'll have to tell you what size he's runnin' though....
:thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
fugges said:

Thanks Armin! Big's wheels look like Keystone Classics (hope I'm right). They were a very popular wheel in the 60's & 70's. He'll have to tell you what size he's runnin' though....
:thumbsup:

Sorry, missed this.

Yes, Keystone Klassics. 15 x 7 and 15 x 8.

jays69bird

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Hey Armin...
All 68's and some of the very early 69's came with black horns. I don't think any one knows the exact date that they became purple. I have heard that it was sometime between late August & mid-September, but I've seen no hard facts one way or the other. I'm sure there were some early-built '69 'Runners equipped with black horns that were replaced with purple ones by the original owners too. Unless your car is an early built survivor, I say go with purple! :thumbsup:
Yeah when I bought mine back in 85 it had a black horn( also black door buttons),I knew nothing about early build so I assumed it was the incorrect horn so it went on the fritz I replaced it with a purple repop.Like an idiot I got rid of the original. I know sparton still makes a horn that looks like the road runner horn I have seen them at work on fork lifts,sound is different though.

Back