• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bench Seat

Tbone

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a Front Bench Seat for my 70 Roadunner. It is really the last thing I am needing to finish up my project. Have been searching for some time now so any help would be appreciated. Pete

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Try Steven's or Stephen's performance. Their on the web all they do is mopar. Good luck. What I have seen on E bay is way over priced for the kind of shape they are in. Think coronet or satellite. Have to think out of the box to find some thing that will work. Wish you luck bud. :beep:

Tbone

Reaction score
Try Steven's or Stephen's performance. Their on the web all they do is mopar. Good luck. What I have seen on E bay is way over priced for the kind of shape they are in. Think coronet or satellite. Have to think out of the box to find some thing that will work. Wish you luck bud. :beep:
thanks, we will check them out, at this point we are getting a little desperate.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Half the fun is the hunt for the part's we need. But in the long run your kind of stuck with buying what is available. Not much is reproduced for these car's like bench seat's. I went with buck seat's from scat because I wanted a console and a bucket seat car. No they are not mopar but are better in many way's to what came in the car. They will recline and have lumbar support. Something us older guy's like is comfort. When surfing the web did find a couple of bench seat's. The back seat is the hardest to find. number for Stephen's is 256 247 1332. They have them but the price is 699 plus shipping. Come with new pad and cover so I thought she said. Have gotten a lot of hard to find part their. Hope this will help you in you time of need. Russ.

BioMedTechGuy

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a Front Bench Seat for my 70 Roadunner. It is really the last thing I am needing to finish up my project. Have been searching for some time now so any help would be appreciated. Pete
Conversation started. Check your inbox.
These replaced my bench seat only because I like the look and feel of bucket seats.
20180710_164140.jpg 20181002_115408.jpg

BioMedTechGuy

Reaction score
Ok. I took pictures to post and found that the passenger side headrest must have cracked (see pic) when it was removed from my car or my van into the house. That's really aggravating, and another reason why I like aftermarket stuff. Not as much guilt or fear or anger or frustration when something gets scuffed or cracks or whatever. Another reason why I don't want it to sit in my attic for the rest of my life.
There is a hairline crack above the top hole in the passenger side hinge cover. That's it. No tears, scuffs, etc.
20181127_180209.jpg 20181127_180403.jpg 20181127_180459.jpg 20181127_180554.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I agree with you on after market seat's. I got Scatt seats and going to put them in my runner. Lumbar spine support. Plus they recline. :thumbsup2:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
seats pop up kinda regularly, but the cost to ship usually kills the deal.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
If you open up an account with fed ex the shipping is less. I reversed shipped an A833 transmission from Colorado and it was not that bad. Yes they shipped the transmission. First told the guy I was buying from the would not ship it. But by opening an account it came rite to me. Good luck. See one for sale here listed in parts for sale.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
My 70' Road Runner is an original bench seat automatic car which is missing. Undecided is I am going back with a bench or go to buckets seats.

Sonny's 68 Beep

Reaction score

Sonny's 68 Beep

Reaction score
Hi I have a complete seat with excellent upholstery. new seat back release handles both side covers and track. Would take 975 for all. And depending were you live could possibly deliver for a reasonable fee. You can text me also at dartswinger318@hotmail.com Thanks Sonny

BioMedTechGuy

Reaction score
I spent the last 2 days building a crate for my 70 Roadrunner bench seat, soon to be Tbone's seat.
About $120 in materials, with some left over plywood from the sheets I bought, but I got really close to what I needed, and the 4x8 sheets were only $14 each.
Wrapped in industrial strength plastic wrap and sizing up the rest of the crate. If you'll notice the gap between the REAR seat mounts and the bottom of the crate (bottom is vertical in this picture) I took up that space with a 2x4 screwed into the bottom of the crate, running the width of the seat, and placed under the rear seat mounts. I encased the 4 seat mount bolts w/nuts attached in some spare styrofoam blocks I had, and taped and wrapped the styrofoam in place.
20181208_162409.jpg
Here are some more pix:
Bubble wrap to take up the little bit of space here and there. The seat fits pretty tight everywhere, but the bubble wrap will keep it from moving around at all.
20181209_135617.jpg
20181209_135643.jpg
Everywhere there are screws going through the plywood there are wooden strips for added strength and as a mounting point. The pink highlighted area is where the screws go that hold the hinged sheet of plywood closed.
20181209_140029.jpg
The two strips of wood across the top are so the top of the large sheet of plywood that hinges closed has reinforcement for the screws that hold the top closed. The bottom of the hinged sheet is attached by 4 heavy duty hinges, and all of the hinge screws go through both the plywood and the reinforcing wood strips the full length of those edges.
20181209_143156.jpg
Rope handles and sawed off the excess plywood of the hinged sheet and it's ready to ship!
20181209_162507.jpg

Last edited:

BioMedTechGuy

Reaction score
Hi I have a complete seat with excellent upholstery. new seat back release handles both side covers and track. Would take 975 for all. And depending were you live could possibly deliver for a reasonable fee. You can text me also at dartswinger318@hotmail.com Thanks Sonny
Sonny, since Tbone didn't back out of the deal we made to jump on your kind offer,
I linked your post to the FBBO forum for a member who was the 2nd person who wanted my bench seat. I told the guy on FBBO that if Tbone backed out, he was next dibs. I figured that was the right thing to do, since Tbone was the first one to discuss getting the seat from me. Like if I had something someone needed in a thread, but another forum member had already posted up the item that was needed, I wouldn't post my part, like a bench seat, because I wouldn't want to cut the first person offering the part out of a deal...but that's just me.
Maybe the guy from FBBO will contact you about your seat from the link I posted on your behalf. You're welcome.

Last edited:
Back