• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

big john need help

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i am having a lot of trouble staying logged on to post. any advice?? if i jump from one topic to another or try to post i have to constantly log on again.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Well.. I tried your "permissions" and that all works. I'm stumped.

Try checking the "log on every time" box when you log on. You can log off if you want when you leave.

We'll see what Shotgun says.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I had the same trouble a couple times also, but not for a while now.

Mystic

Reaction score
That's really weird-- I know that this software will 'time-out' as I have to log in all day long at work. Going from one thread to another or one room to another shouldn't boot you out.

Did you set logon cookie to remember you?

I'll go to the DL and look around and see if I can find something until Shotgun gets here.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i have the box checked to keep me logged on. i was trying to reply to a post and upload a pic and everytime i would try to submit it would go to another screen and ask me to log on again. of course all the info on the post i was trying to submit was lost and would have to start over. i have posted a few times since and haven't experienced any problems. :huh:

Mystic

Reaction score
Mac,

I dunno dude, We have the same software on the Domestic Lugnuts (brother forum- We are both on the same server.)

I checked everything I could check to see if this is perhaps a software glitch but honestly, if this is only affecting you then I'm wondring if it isn't something is your computer that is not allowing cookies to set.

I don't know what browser you are using but locate your parameters for cookies and make shre it is checked to 'accept' or allow cookies. Whatever. Different browsers say this differently but they all mean the same thing---> 'Remember where I've been and my information...'

Also, it could be that you have a corrupt cookie, in that case, go in you file thatholds the cookies, delete 69 roadrunner cookie and then go back to this site and start over with entering your password and check the box to remember.

Good lucks!

In the mean time

:haha: mac

:leave:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
If you go to the left of the front page, right under Mopar Market, you'll see "delete all board cookies".

Mystic

Reaction score
John I hope that takes care of it, I have never had any luck with that myself. It's supposed to delete all activity of yours on the board but I never could get it to work..

Where's Mike?? :brickwall:

Back