• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Block number help PLEASE

69RRunnerCon

Reaction score
Hey everybody, if you look at my profile I recently purchased a 69 Roadrunner convertible, all blue. The gentlemen we purchased it from is a Mopar nut LOL, and said that the car is all original, as it appears to be to us as well. My one question I have is on my block numbers, could someone verify for me that this is the correct motor that went in this car?
They are 248813012 LL D N I with a date code at the top right 5-18-67. Could someone please tell me if this is the correct block for this car, or what it came out of? I am totally new to this. Any information would be of great value and very very appreciated!!!!!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
What quikbird said. The date would be rite on even if it is a 68 car they made a bunch of those blocks early on.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There is a machined surface below the passenger side motor mount that the VIN is stamped on. The raised numbers are part and date numbers.

dmartin

Reaction score
It may or may not be painted mine was not but it is a little flat spot

RonLiv

Reaction score
In my non-expert opinion.

Casting number 2488130 as far as I can determine does not exist. At least in the Mopar world. Are you sure it is not 2468130? This number would be for a 383 block, and was used from 68 to 71 models. The casting date of 5-18-67 has me somewhat suspicious that this engine was originally in a 1968 car, but it very well could be in a 1969 since it is the same block. The engine seems to be painted the correct color for a 1969, but that can be changed as well very easily. Is there any blueish paint on the block anywhere that you can see?

The only way to know for sure and already commented on is the serial number stamped on the block.

The Tag does not have the N96 code that goes along with the Air Grabber that the car obviously has. But that's an easy upgrade. I did the upgrade to my car. Here's a good question for the tag experts though. If the car has the N96 code, that means it would come with a 3-speed wiper. Would the code J25 be on the tag if N96 was there, or would it be assumed. My car not being an N96 car did have the J25 3-speed wiper code. Just curious.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Re-looked at the pictures. The hood vents are black (not red) and look as if they are the solid closed kind, not the screens. But the air cleaner and duct work is all there for the Air Grabber.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
What does the LL stand for. Mine is 2468130-10
LL
D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
In my non-expert opinion.

Casting number 2488130 as far as I can determine does not exist. At least in the Mopar world. Are you sure it is not 2468130? This number would be for a 383 block, and was used from 68 to 71 models. The casting date of 5-18-67 has me somewhat suspicious that this engine was originally in a 1968 car, but it very well could be in a 1969 since it is the same block. The engine seems to be painted the correct color for a 1969, but that can be changed as well very easily. Is there any blueish paint on the block anywhere that you can see?

The only way to know for sure and already commented on is the serial number stamped on the block.

The Tag does not have the N96 code that goes along with the Air Grabber that the car obviously has. But that's an easy upgrade. I did the upgrade to my car. Here's a good question for the tag experts though. If the car has the N96 code, that means it would come with a 3-speed wiper. Would the code J25 be on the tag if N96 was there, or would it be assumed. My car not being an N96 car did have the J25 3-speed wiper code. Just curious.
The J25 would be on the broadcast sheet with the N96 on the tag

Back